Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
They still do septic systems? Huh. I thought that was a thing of the past.
Yep. Here, the requirements include minimum acreage. Also, if you have a leach field put in, there is an annual fee. Other system types do not have the fee. I don't know of any minimum distance requirements to the dwelling and well.

All I know is 20 years ago, the whole inspection process was rigged. Our new system should have never passed inspection - the leach field was 50 short in total length, the leach field was not properly back filled, and we had ongoing issues just 3 months after moving in. Yet it passed inspection.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure about all this permit, code and inspection stuff. We have no building codes. Seriously... None, not in the country (rural areas). The county tried to pass a law last year and the county country folks showed in droves to speak their piece about not being in favor. So it was scrapped. I live in a farming community. So the county is going to require permits, codes and inspections for farmers? that's pretty funny 😂

Within city/town limits is a completely different story.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-life ... septic systems are standard for country properties. We have no sewer lines, no public water, nothing like that here in the country. If not for septics and wells, 2/3's of the houses here would not exist....We do have building codes and restrictions... and all new subdivided properties have to be a minimum of 2 acres in the county where I am.... it is different in different counties. I don't want town water with all that chlorine in it and I sure don't want to pay for a sewer line..... pump out the septic tank periodically.... and my own good well water....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cold steers got peecicles. I guess they need to learn how to run when they are peeing.
IMG_20220121_161821841_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸