Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My phone cost more than that. We do hold onto phones until we break them. Usually that's from me dropping it too much.
Phone costs are scary! 🥴 got this one on one of the "freebee" deals. I shutter to think of replacement! Also need a new laptop...putting that off for now, too. The toss up -- laptop or roll of fence? :idunno

Well that wasn't gonna be my worry for today! I'll just back burner those thoughts for a while 😁

Morning brew is waking me. Gotta milk goats, release chickens, take DS to court, his truck is in repair. Then, couple stores to work jobs after I get him back home. Roosters are crowing -- guess they're calling me. I'll be there soon, guys -- right after another cuppa. You don't want me there before!🤣

Had a piece of toast with the freshly made fig jam from yesterday. I did good on that stuff 👍 smooth & tasty.

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3305889-90d0c974701bcd33e870ab6c281090c5.jpg
image_16895745.JPG8F768A9F-91DD-4ED6-B1F0-0E43A1FC704B.jpeg

and then the 2 guys that are friends with our son cam and fixed it in Jan. putting these extra cross beams up with a metal brace
image_16907265.JPG

I want to add more like this,
21584-3ed3a69eaf2e7b3ebd8820ecded1960b.jpg

1670282194626.png

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think mine was only $600 on sale last Christmas from Costco. It's a pretty decent machine. I got to have touch screen on them as well now. It's quicker that using the mouse when you are searching through something. My mouse is an old corded Trackman Marble from 2006. We do have cordless as well, but batteries suck when they randomly quit on you.

They had cheaper ones as well. My phone cost more than that. We do hold onto phones until we break them. Usually that's from me dropping it too much.
I am an IT guy and my home laptop is from 2013. I am also frugal (CHEAP) 😀

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
...Fuzzy on the way back to the farm. it's a tough life, I tell you...

Fuzzy is very lucky to be alive.

i had a kitty stowaway under the hood of my car and didn't know it was there. went on a trip to town and when going around the corner i heard a thump thump as it fell out. in my rearview mirror i saw it running away so it didn't get run over but it too was also very lucky.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I could use someone's coffee and friendship.

I plummeted towards the depths of depression yesterday while out in the kitchen prepping tomatoes for drying. It was weird to feel myself falling. So I stopped what I was doing, literally, and went to bed. Closed the blinds, had a young pup as a foot warmer, and slept for 3 hours. What a relief that was!

i'm glad you knew what would help. i run through my checklist and that often helps me out. taking a nap is on that list. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wacky wednesday true story - part two

This very friendly gray and white tom cat showed up wednesday night from out of the dark. While I was sitting on the deck in the cool of the night, minding my own business. He took to me right away, rubbing my legs and jumped in my lap, started rubbing my chest with the top of his head. It was like he was my long lost friend or something. He's obviously pre loved and really likes to be petted. I have no idea where he came from, I asked my neighbors but not theirs. 🤷‍♂️ All (now 4) toms are getting along just fine.

I named him oscar, which is of scottish decent, and means "deer friend" amongst other meanings. I pray they help with moles/voles/mice and snakes. And yes of course, I'll care for them all the same.
IMG_20230824_162914828.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸