Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, for some reason I am sore and feel like a truck hit me. Can’t think of a thing that would cause this, so I’m gonna call it heat stressed muscles. LOL

The forage workshop was REAL good. I took pictures of a Vinod like weed that’s invading my pond. The two speakers identified it as alligator weed and told me what to spray it with to kill it, but not harm my dogs or sheep. The speaker on cool and warm season grasses was a retired professor and loaded with a lifetime of information. And he raises goats along with his cattle. So I wasn’t the only small ruminant weirdo in the room. Haha.

He did say that even if we get rains now (none in sight or predicted) the grass is so drought damaged that it won’t have time to recover and grow, for a fall cutting of hay. He also said that we probably won’t get a good stand of cool season grasses.

I have good grass on this place, but it could stand improving. I’m going to do a soil analysis and start from there. One field is crawdad city with mounds everywhere. It stays wet and mushy until it’s extremely hot and dry. He recommended Berseem clover for cool season and rye grass. I think I’ll go with the Berseem clover, but with a non endophyte fescue, Cajun 2. I planted Kentucky 32 fescue in Lindale, another non endophyte type, the sheep loved it and it performed better than rye grass.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@baymule I had meant to put a pair of wedges on but got so caught up that I totally forgot but don't worry I'm NOT going to wear crocs for the ceremony but will probably change into them during the reception. I LOVE my crocs and wear them all year long including when it SNOWS I just put a pair of socks on at them that time. :lol::D:gig

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Well, PLEASE...don't bring those clunky Crocs to the wedding OR reception. 😱🤪 tennis shoes would even be better. 😁🤐

To bed late, up late. It's all 👍. Slow day planned, hope it works out. :lol: right now my coffee is my focus.
Not a fan of crocs here. Call me old fashioned, but crocs/flip flops are only for the beach. Made sure if the kids were doing yard/garden work they always had proper work-type shoes and socks on. Just my old man opinion. Enjoy your footwear of choice

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a picture of jack "I'm camera shy" orange and white tom cat.
IMG_20230827_094908166~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If it is shoes we are truly talking about--- this is it , my shoe list, I am sick of buying throw away shoes that ruin your feet -- and yes, I wear my Romeo's to church
black irrigation boots and water proof slip on yard/garden/coop poop shoes.
I love my wolverines, I wear them in the hot months, used gorilla glue on the toes , the rubber end was detaching—IMG_3110.jpeg

georgia-boot-womens-giant-romeo-pull-on-work-shoes-soggy-brown-size-75-1268502-1.jpg

G101_LARGE.jpgG105_LARGE.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-28 071343.jpg41PLpZxI9UL._AC_UL240_SR240,220_.jpg

buy once and be done!

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If FH is going to change into shorts, tank top and SLIDES after pics why can't I wear comfy CROCS?
Ya know,,, If you are comfortable with your choices and are happy, it is not my business what you choose.
As I would tell my 4 grown age 48 to 36 adult kids-- you are a grown @$$ adult ,, do what ever it is you choose, but own it,,