Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have heard that if you give ACV you shouldn't do it continuously... that it can mess with mineral absorption???

:idunno

I have never bothered giving it to my poultry.
It has helped my birds out a lot. But vinegar eats away at calcium, so if they get too much it can take too much calcium from them. Once a week or more doesn’t hurt. I usually only do it when they need an extra boost or seem a little off/little sick.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter in law and I walked him up up from the back pasture to the finishing yard (after I repaired the fence ofcourse). Momma moo daisy followed us and baby bull calf and daisy are both together in the finishing yard for the next few days.

I prayed for the little guy after we gave him about a pint of bovine colostrum. He also got a little granddaughter lovin while daisy watched. First ever calf for me, I still am amazed how developed he is, he even has bottom teeth. He's cattle only new born sized.

Screenshot_20230906-200254.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My daughter in law and I walked him up up from the back pasture to the finishing yard (after I repaired the fence ofcourse). Momma moo daisy followed us and baby bull calf and daisy are both together in the finishing yard for the next few days.

I prayed for the little guy after we gave him about a pint of bovine colostrum. He also got a little granddaughter lovin while daisy watched. First ever calf for me, I still am amazed how developed he is, he even has bottom teeth. He's cattle only new born sized.

View attachment 24513

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Wow!!! you all did it,, you are a cattle man

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter You know you have one bull with the calves that your homestead was blessed with but if you don't want to many you could always have 1-2 banded so they turn into STEERS which would give you BEEF after they become a good age and size to be sent to slaughter. I think HOMEGROWN PASTURE RAISED beef is a whole LOT healthier and better tasting than the store brought stuff. I'm going to have FH talk to his boss about the cows he has on his property down in Brunswick/McKenney because if when the BOSS decides to slaughter I want some meat of the good kind. I know here shortly they (BOSS hunt club) are going to be selling HOMEMADE Sausage and YUP FH is going to have to get us at least 6 (5# zippy bags) cuz I use it a lot and have stopped totally getting sausage from the store.