Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
oreo had a baby bull calf yesterday, has white belt but does not cross his back, but runs up both sides. He's dry, up and on the colostrum đź‘Ť
Screenshot_20230910-194527~2.png

we are still unsure about bessey's calf other than her calf has a wider belt, that completely encircles its midsection. I'm pretty sure bessey's calf is a girl, baby heifer calf. but we haven't got close enough to her calf yet to be absolutely positive.

Still completely amazed how big and fully developed a newborn calf is.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
YA,,, I try and decaffeinate a few times a year, nows a good time, no massive get-it-done list like in the spring,,
I cheat and try not to kill my liver--PTL for ibuprofen

except some headache medicines have caffiene in them... i learned that lesson years ago. oops... i'm back to my regular arrangement now and that doesn't trigger anything when i stop for a few days. 1 square of good chocolate a day.

ibuprofen makes me hyper like i've taken caffiene and yes if i take it for several days in a row and suddenly stop i'll get withdrawal headaches from that too. i have to gradually knock it back. i'm very glad that i rarely need it these days and only usually for a day or two and most times it won't kick off a withdrawal headache from one or two days of 400mg taken three times a day. three days and i'm shot so have to phase it out then. but i'm also glad that when i need it to work it still does.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what this winter brings.

The folk lore up here is that 6 weeks after the fireweed finishes blooming is the date of the first snowfall.

But this year, the fireweed didn't even START to bloom.

So..... no snow? All the snow? :idunno
The fire weed bloomed a bit early here, like the last of July first of Aug. and is all deadhead now so from say from the 9th 6 weeks puts us at Oct. 21st,, and I have seen it snow in Oregon and Washington in Oct. not mush but it has.
Now for you,, I think up high it has snowed, a bit, but,,,hahah it will be what it will be

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
61593688db94659dd947ad8eac98f9f7.jpg

All you need for your morning get and go drink is by the coffee pot, fix a cup then lets enjoy the patio in the cool 60 morning air while waiting for daybreak to get chores done.
I apologize for not putting a message up yesterday FH had to work (took a co-worker to Chantilly, VA to pick up the sealer truck) so I went for the ride the nonce we got home we did some yardwork and I was not only in bed but asleep by 9pm. I woke up a little after 11 thinking it was morning so took 3 dogs potty then all came in and we went back to bed I slept like a baby until 5 now 3 dogs been out (and 2 are in the kennel). Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.
Also FH and I starting draining our pool yesterday seeing how we can't keep the algae out of it due to a couple trees dropping leaves into it so before next year the trees are going to get trimmed way way back but also we have to do some more leveling of the ground before we put the pool up again and RIGHT NOW IT'S ALMOST EMPTY!!! I can't believe how fast it emptied out. Yes, before we take the pool down we're going to give it a good scrubbing and rinse.
Tonight's dinner is going to be SMOKED Boston Butt, SMOKED Mac & Cheese, "Apple Pie" Baked Beans and maybe just maybe Cornbread muffins.