Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can hear birds chirping....why? Because I have the windows open. Yes, in November my windows in WI are open, typically not heard of and I am loving it.
We are having fall this year. White oak trees still have green leaves. White oaks are one of the last to turn and keep their dried leaves throughout most of the winter. From a far, it easy to spot white oaks from red oaks this time of the year.
IMG_20221101_160855921.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today I resumed my farm duties. I can walk outside without the walker now. I just go slow and careful. I’ve been feeding the dogs for a couple weeks and fed sheep a few times. Chris has been a God send, a HUGE help! I’m grateful. I planned on using these past weeks to heal and it’s going according to plan LOL. I’m real happy with my progress, still a ways to go, but I’m doing good.

glad to hear things are going ok for you there! :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I resumed my farm duties. I can walk outside without the walker now. I just go slow and careful. I’ve been feeding the dogs for a couple weeks and fed sheep a few times. Chris has been a God send, a HUGE help! I’m grateful. I planned on using these past weeks to heal and it’s going according to plan LOL. I’m real happy with my progress, still a ways to go, but I’m doing good.
\o/

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Son & daughter in law bought a RV 1980 43,000 miles. Nice on the inside, kind of like hardly used. it has 454 Chevy gas motor, 4 bolt main and a turbo 400 power glide transmission. The biggest and best Chevy made back then. He pulled in and it was running kind of rough. I listened and said sounds like cylinder 7 or 8 is not firing. Sure enough cylinder 7 spark plug wire was disconnected from the plug but it was the wire itself that was disconnected from the connector.

My son said I'll go to town and get some new wires. I said hold that thought... Give me a few minutes. I took the plug wire apart and fixed it with my pocket knife and a pair of needle nose pliers. Then we adjusted the timing just a hair, by ear. It purrs like a kitty now and starts on about 1/2 a crank. He said it took about 5 or 6 revolutions of the motor to get it to fire up before.

He was surprised because he knows I don't like like auto mechanical work much. But I told him this is my erra, something I understand and can work on with SAE tools. I taught him how to listen to the engine and determine what's going on in there and also explained the difference with the ignition between old school and new school.

Funny how that kind of stuff never really leaves you. It was fun playing around with a big block Chevy, even if it was just a minor fix. Most importantly It's running right now 👍 I was shocked when he pulled the shroud. There it was, an original big block Chevy motor looking at me looked at the air filter housing 454 cubic inches 😳. Just looking at the engine brought back a lot of memories, not to mention working on it. Motor is good and tight, nice running, power house. Pull the drivetrain and bolt it into a 70's Nova and hang on tight, the fun I cold have 😂

They are on their way to Florida, taking roads less traveled, enjoying life. Nice to be youthful and living a youthful life, very happy for them. I told him when they come back I'll have an RV park plug box ready up by the house. He pulled back by the barn for power, I wired him into the barn breaker box.
IMG_20221101_172437763~2.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I have PT this morning and need to stop and get feed too. Sunrise at 7:36. I’ve taken over feeding duties, and need to leave at 7:45 for PT. Can’t go sheep lot stomping in go to town clothes and can’t go to town in sheep lot stomping clothes. I may just turn out sheep and dogs, feed when I get back.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am so proud of you!! you are truly doing great! hang in there