Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello darkness, my old friend
download.jpeg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got home at 3:00. Dogs were so hot! Sentry ran to the back porch steps. I let him in and he went to the dog crate. I let Carson in the house. Sheba was so hot she was crying. I put her and Buford in the front yard so they could go under the porch. I got them fresh cold water. All is well now. The heat is awful.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got home at 3:00. Dogs were so hot! Sentry ran to the back porch steps. I let him in and he went to the dog crate. I let Carson in the house. Sheba was so hot she was crying. I put her and Buford in the front yard so they could go under the porch. I got them fresh cold water. All is well now. The heat is awful.

And we need RAIN 😢
IMG_20230714_135004181~3.jpg

Farmbabe informed me we got invited to eat pizza over at a friend's, made at a fast food place who name I purposely am not mentioning. I'm must have made a a face because she grabbed my cheek in the palm of her hand and kissed the other cheek and said don't worry, I'm making us homemade pizza to take with us.

I'm going to be brutally honest here... I have not eat ANY fast food for about a year. Farmbabe and I haven't even been to a fancy sit down restaurant for about the same amount of time, there's no need. We eat "mainly" what's grown, raised and preserved right here. And because we can't grow, raise and preserve everything we eat, she supplements with organics from the grocery store, online orders and azure standard.

I'm truly conserned my stomach may not be able to take fast food anymore, because it's been so long since I eat any. And I'm not joking about that, even though I like to see you all smile and laugh.

OK now you can smile & laugh 😁

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... you are dry by the looks of the corn. Ours took so long to get going with it being so cool and dry and was looking not so great early. But then we finally got some rain, and the night time temps started to warm up and things are doing well now. We are now trying to finish 1st cutting which has a good amount of 2nd cutting growth coming up in it because we are dodging rain. Had 15+ acres on the ground that DS cut because they said rain chances down to 30%.... then upped it to 50% and he raked and baled 53 bales inside of 3 hours on Thursday afternoon... said a few bales would be tough, got a few sprinkles on them and he just decided to get them rolled up... good thing as we got 1.4 inches thurs late aft and night... Got more rain this afternoon and early evening. Glad the hay is up and nothing else has been cut until we get another window.
It will be time to make 2nd cutting orchard grass and the sorghum-sudan will be ready and we won't get a break between 1st and 2nd this year... Early hay was a little sparse but these rains have got it back to where it should be. We are down in numbers a bit so will have plenty of pasture and hay this year. Thankful for that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... you are dry by the looks of the corn. Ours took so long to get going with it being so cool and dry and was looking not so great early. But then we finally got some rain, and the night time temps started to warm up and things are doing well now. We are now trying to finish 1st cutting which has a good amount of 2nd cutting growth coming up in it because we are dodging rain. Had 15+ acres on the ground that DS cut because they said rain chances down to 30%.... then upped it to 50% and he raked and baled 53 bales inside of 3 hours on Thursday afternoon... said a few bales would be tough, got a few sprinkles on them and he just decided to get them rolled up... good thing as we got 1.4 inches thurs late aft and night... Got more rain this afternoon and early evening. Glad the hay is up and nothing else has been cut until we get another window.
It will be time to make 2nd cutting orchard grass and the sorghum-sudan will be ready and we won't get a break between 1st and 2nd this year... Early hay was a little sparse but these rains have got it back to where it should be. We are down in numbers a bit so will have plenty of pasture and hay this year. Thankful for that.

North of us is getting rain right now, I was just out side watching the lightshow. us? not a drop. It's sad to me to see corn look like pineapple plants.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My fast food eating has been cut way back for the not wanting to upset the stomach as much either... Especially anything like FF that are deep fried... but cooking for myself is not alot of fun sometimes either...

if we cook we usually do enough so that we have extra we can put in the freezer.

sloppy joes were recently taken out of the freezer and i've enjoyed eating that used as a flavoring for fresh green beans recently cooked up and other things that come along like some mac-n-cheese that Mom cooked while she was at my brother's place. so this morning i finished up the sloppy joes and the mac-n-cheese and added some green beans to that and it was excellent. :)

we normally do not eat out except for a few places we know are safe for Mom due to her reactions to some ingredients that are commonly used (black pepper, white pepper, etc.). Mom does like a burger from BK once in a while. i can eat them but like it better when we fry our own made from ground chuck.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And we need RAIN 😢
View attachment 23920

Farmbabe informed me we got invited to eat pizza over at a friend's, made at a fast food place who name I purposely am not mentioning. I'm must have made a a face because she grabbed my cheek in the palm of her hand and kissed the other cheek and said don't worry, I'm making us homemade pizza to take with us.

I'm going to be brutally honest here... I have not eat ANY fast food for about a year. Farmbabe and I haven't even been to a fancy sit down restaurant for about the same amount of time, there's no need. We eat "mainly" what's grown, raised and preserved right here. And because we can't grow, raise and preserve everything we eat, she supplements with organics from the grocery store, online orders and azure standard.

I'm truly conserned my stomach may not be able to take fast food anymore, because it's been so long since I eat any. And I'm not joking about that, even though I like to see you all smile and laugh.

OK now you can smile & laugh 😁

Same here,,, I do our best at
"If we or trusted Blackjack farm doesn't raise it we dont eat it"

At the horrible prices of groceries we cant waist money easting out.

I get Organic butter and cheese from Azure and I did add a case of enchilada sauce to the order to put up in case I cant get dried red chili and make my own. I order a lot of other things as needed.

Latest posts