Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Someday we'll run electricity down to the coop. Luckily its going to be warming up a tad, since there is rain coming in tomorrow.
I can't get down to the coop in the dark. Its kinda steep and I've already fallen once - plunk on my backside due to slipping in the mud, with my bad knee folded under my body. Took several days to get over the ache of that fall.
I'll try a larger salt water container in the waterer.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! I'm sorry to report that the coffee pot is empty at this point.
I had a busy weekend and very busy Monday but just about caught up. On Friday night went to a bonfire with friends, didn't get home until the wee early morning on Saturday went to bed for a few hours then had to be up to go with FH to an eye appointment, I went shopping at Walmart while he was seeing eye doctor then went for a manicure then later that afternoon towards evening went out for dinner as an early Valentines gift. On Sunday oh shoot what did I do I CAN"T REMEMBER DANGIT I HATE GETTING OLD. Monday I swept/mopped and hung clothes out on the line then in afternoon went to county clerk office, got copy of deed. Now today is finishing the housework didn't get a chance to finish yesterday and make Choc Chip + Peanut Butter cookies.
I also found out late last week that one of my Aunts found out she has a mass on her left kidney and just the other day one of her Grandsons and his wife lost a barn due to fire with some animals inside it. :hit:hit:hit:hit

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Asheboro Ky, revival 11 days non stop \o/

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Well, seems like is catching on...

20230220_235054.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The storm the next 48 hours is way to our north. Just rain here so far predicted.

On a side note, the downside of being 800 miles from the wife's family. Her daddy is in the hospital (hopefully just a pacemaker adjustment needed all tests so far clear), but we can't just pick up and drive over to the hospital.

Wife can't fly, can't drive herself. She's climbing the walls.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So there has been many arguments about the state wanting to build a mega airport here. They selected 3 sites, 2 in Pierce County and 1 in Thurston County. The commission set up to select a site didn't consult the FAA or Military. Citizens, plus county and city officials were not consulted either. Neither were the Tribes even though 2 of the sites encroach on their land. They actively tried to keep quite about the 'open' online meetings.

The infrastructure does not exist for an airport and would take many millions of dollars just to connect the spots to I-5. These are also areas designated as wildlife corridors as the state required the counties to do so the big cities could expand. Easiest route for a highway is up Meridian through Puyallup to 512 which dumps onto I-5. Would take out a huge chunk of city. Other choice is through JBLM and Nisqually Tribal land.

All Pierce County officials are against this. No political party is trying anything other than to work together to stop it. They have stated as much and drafted legislation.

Nisqually Tribe is against it and joined the fight a while ago.

As I said, they didn't consult FAA and haven't gotten any comments.

The SEATAC approach starts down here. Thune Field is right here. JBLM flight pattern comes over here.

Well JBLM has now made the statement that they are against all three sites as they interfere with the base activities. And overlap base on 2 spots. Thurston County is thinking about bringing a lawsuit as they say locations violate state law about building anything near a military base that interferes with operation. Guarantee that Pierce County will be right behind them on it.

They are trying to not buy up a piece of property on the east side of the mountains and building there. Keep it all on the west side to keep money over to where King County, who are exempt from consideration for another airport, can justify trying to get money from it for Seattle. Plenty of large properties on the east side near enough to I-90 that building a road to it wouldn't be expensive. It's scrub desert so at most those may have a few cattle per hundred acres. Since this will be a CARGO airport it would work well.

Sorry had to rant over the frustration we've had here since last Spring. It came up again in the neighborhood chat. JBLM just recently was asked to voice an opinion by the papers, not the commission. They are not happy this this plan

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Who is from Illinois and is sending that rain,sleet and snow to Michigan?
Up to 6" of snow starting tonight. Today was just like last year. Very,very windy!

Latest posts