Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here I go again "Quoting Myself" 🙄.

My wife and I are going to go mess with mini cattle tomorrow, the dexter cross ones. The one she has her heart set on. The ones that I said Almighty would need to make happen because I said Uncle. My wife is so excited, I love her smile, me mah... But that doesn't count. I've said this before, Love can cause a man to do some amazing things. Other words... Happy Wife/Happy Life. I'm sure I'll say that many more times before my number is up here on earth. I like it, it's truth :)

So I pulled up the map for the farm where the dexter cross cattle are located and it's right outside Mayfield KY. You know the Mayfield KY the tornado hit last Friday evening. I knew the farm was in a area hit by the tornado, but right outside of Mayfield? Come on now... I don't believe in coincidences. I had planned on throwing my chainsaw in the back of farm truck and driving somewhere into ground zero and see if I could find someone to help. But it now looks like Almighty is setting up a twofer.

Lord willing, i should have some pictures to share tomorrow. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
This is the Almighty working for sure.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm just the opposite...

I miss having childern to raise. After raising 7 of our own and another family of 4 sexually abused childern two brothers and two sisters through The Illinois Department of Childern and Family Services. We raised a total of 11 productive citizens. Are they perfect? Is anyone perfect? The answer ofcourse is No and No, but I love all of them just the same from the bottom of my heart and I always will.

We've been a empty nester going on 5 years now and it's still hard. I miss it all... the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. There's still enough Love left in my heart and enough will power left in my mind, to raise several more. But I have to remind myself, I'm not invincible. Physically, my body is starting to catch up with the number of days, that only Almighty knows I have left here on earth.

With Almighty's help and guidance and I say this beyond a shadow of a doubt, because I know I couldn't have done it without Almighty. I've worked all my adult life, to love, to protect, to provide for, and to lead a large family. It was the biggest challenge of my life, but I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Simply put... Family, far outweigh anything else on this earth, besides for Almighty's Holy Spirit.

Listen to the message, it's a great message. Try and not be distracted by the controversies of the band.

It's Easy!

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️ 🇺🇸
Once your home that you worked so hard for is broken and you have someone who promised to love you all the days of his life making your children think you are an idiot and disrespectful of your beliefs it’s really easy to get discouraged. After a while you might get really tired of begging for love and acceptance. I want all my kids so if anyone thinks otherwise they wrong. I just want them grown so that I am done. Then if they want me, they know where to find me. But they show up eventually. If there is one thing I can count on is for the ex to lose his stuff and make everyone feel like nothing. Sad that I have to wait for that to be here waiting to be everyone’s peace.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here I go again "Quoting Myself" 🙄.

My wife and I are going to go mess with mini cattle tomorrow, the dexter cross ones. The one she has her heart set on. The ones that I said Almighty would need to make happen because I said Uncle. My wife is so excited, I love her smile, me mah... But that doesn't count. I've said this before, Love can cause a man to do some amazing things. Other words... Happy Wife/Happy Life. I'm sure I'll say that many more times before my number is up here on earth. I like it, it's truth :)

So I pulled up the map for the farm where the dexter cross cattle are located and it's right outside Mayfield KY. You know the Mayfield KY the tornado hit last Friday evening. I knew the farm was in a area hit by the tornado, but right outside of Mayfield? Come on now... I don't believe in coincidences. I had planned on throwing my chainsaw in the back of farm truck and driving somewhere into ground zero and see if I could find someone to help. But it now looks like Almighty is setting up a twofer.

Lord willing, i should have some pictures to share tomorrow. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Drive safe! yes pics! Brother,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2527165-bigthumbnail.jpg

imagesNUAFE6H2.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a buyer for the farm. I’m so excited! It is a family who wants to be more self sufficient as possible. They fell in love with the farm, and want to raise their own food. I’m so happy to see all the love and work we put into the farm being continued. I’m happier over that than I am on selling the farm. I gave her links to BYH, TEG and SS. She already joined BYH and will be joining the other sites as time allows.

My daughter is helping with contracts and paperwork. Inspector is coming Monday. Like @Grandmasporch i gotta get packing! I’ll be at the house in Groveton between Christmas and New Year getting more work done on it. I’m thinking rent a uhaul and getting as much out of the house as possible, leaving maybe my bed, refrigerator and TV. Then I can redo the floors and the other things that need doing.

Got my granddaughters for the week so won’t be doing much else but it’s all good.

Y’all have a great day!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a buyer for the farm. I’m so excited! It is a family who wants to be more self sufficient as possible. They fell in love with the farm, and want to raise their own food. I’m so happy to see all the love and work we put into the farm being continued. I’m happier over that than I am on selling the farm. I gave her links to BYH, TEG and SS. She already joined BYH and will be joining the other sites as time allows.

My daughter is helping with contracts and paperwork. Inspector is coming Monday. Like @Grandmasporch i gotta get packing! I’ll be at the house in Groveton between Christmas and New Year getting more work done on it. I’m thinking rent a uhaul and getting as much out of the house as possible, leaving maybe my bed, refrigerator and TV. Then I can redo the floors and the other things that need doing.

Got my granddaughters for the week so won’t be doing much else but it’s all good.

Y’all have a great day!
Awesome! Congrats...a bitter sweet I am sure

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got all of the framed stuff off all the walls packed and nails pulled yesterday.
Hade a great supper with my baby girl, nice to here lolololo her snoring up there
I get the coop squared away and later make up some omelets.

💞

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Y’all have a great day!

OH WOW!!!! how exciting,,, When the Lord moves, Ya'all had better stand by,,
We are going to get a U-Haul, and fill it as full as we can, we may need to make 2 trips,
our problem is we cant get a Big truck in here due to the driveway,, if and once you get up the hill you have to pass the driveway a bit and back in,, missing the ditches-- a truck wont go around the house

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fill the wood stove, more coffee

, go open the coop, not yet ---------
I'll wait until the family gets up, DH, DD, and both dogs are snoring
1.JPG

Last edited:

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have fun with your grandkids!! Merry (almost) Christmas too!

We are going to a fancy hotel on the 23rd with the family. It’s supposed to be fun but I’m just stressed. I don’t know what to do with the cows! The dogs are boarding, the chickens and ducks have automatic doors, but the cows won’t be milked until maybe 10 AM on the 24th. They’re going to be mad about that. We leave at 4 PM I think.

I just want to sleep in my bed but I’ll never hear the end of it. So, alas, I must go. Wish me luck! 🤣