Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad they are eating, have the pediatrician check Vals mouth inside, some babies get a , I think its called tie /tied lip, where the inside lip is tied to the gum and it prevents babies from nursing right
That’s not quite the issue. The only way I can describe it is she swirls her tongue around my nipple and breaks her seal.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I want to do ancestry DNA too. I have a decent family tree. There are a couple short branches but we think we know what nationality they are. But hey, maybe there was infidelity and lies and it's not MY family tree? :gig Amazing how often ancestry DNA uncovers those stories!
I have had so much fun finding all of the skeletons in the family closet....

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In the last 9 years the power has gone out maybe three times and for just a short time,
Well, the powers out, so a tree fell some where, but no problem here, I won't be back on until the power comes back, I don't want to waist my cell battery.
Coffees hot,
View attachment 17680
Sending you a big warm hug.

At least you have that lovely warm fire

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do a DNA thing. My DD and DSIL gifted my husband with 23 and me, he came back as an interesting mix. Come to find out, he was 3 % Neanderthal. :lol::lol::lol:
That would be me and probably more on the neanderthal

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All ok, cold but ok
so that was the longest we have been without power here 13 hours. It was fine but I feel bad for folks with no wood stove.
The heave snow caused trees and limbs to go down, there were downed power lines in Jefferson County. So a lot of folks without power, in all of Western Wa.
I did get a few pics with the camera yesterday around 7:30am, it snowed all day. I did NOT go outside, except to swap out the humming bird feeder, it kept freezing. I put a coat hanger up by the feeder for him, he sat on it all day guarding the feeder. I had to put a second feeder out cuz he wouldn't let the female have any.

It is currently 14 out on the porch,, the wind is suppose to pick up. the road is a sheet of ice, all of the neighbors are walking from the bottom of the hill up to their home. DH said he was glad he left the car at the bottom. The road out to 101 is a sheet of ice also.
And it will be like this for the next week or more.

these are yesterday around 7:30am
View attachment 17684
View attachment 17685

View attachment 17686

View attachment 17687

View attachment 17688

I dont know how he survives,, he have been here all year, every year (maybe not the same one) for 9 years. this is the first year a female stayed.

View attachment 17689
It's freezing I'm worried for you.

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cowboy church sounds fun.

We just could not find a local church preaching the truth. Always some watered down, feel good somewhat truth. So 3 like minded couples, who love The Father, Son and Holy Ghost started meeting. We have no "service" or routine besides for leaded coffee, biscuits and gravy and that's the truth 🤣. We just allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, so we never know what to expect. That's our "church" and "church service" \o/

Mathew 22:34~40

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
No worries with that! Even The lord Jesus Hisself, fed the multitudes! AND he provided wine!😄Us humans just happen to like our biscuits/ gravy more! 😂

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Manual express first until the let down reflex spray passes, then latch baby. This helps baby get more of the higher fat hindmilk too.