Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the house walls textured yesterday. Went to Lufkin today and got paint. Went to Tractor Supply and got a 12’ gate and 10 treated wood posts, 5/6”X8’ for $16 each. Went to Sam’s and got some sweat pants. Filled up truck…….. Mo’ money! Can’t wait to start painting!
I bought a couple of gallons of semi-gloss latex enamel last weekend. That stuff has really went up since last time I bought any.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All of my pants are sweat pants this time of year, lol! :lol:
I’m getting loose fitting baggy pants so I’ll have something to wear after knee surgery. I have some hot weather baggy pants, but they are hard to find. My blue jeans are tight and probably won’t fit over my leg, all swollen and angry at me after surgery. LOL
And yes, all my pants are sweat pants this time of year too. Counting down to the first frost!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@baymule - that makes sense! That first frost can't come fast enough...
No, No, No-no frost yet. It comes way to early here and then stays way to long! :)

Rain this morning, nice slow and steady summer rain. Didn't let mama hen or the chicks out yet because I don't want them wet or cold-couple more weeks and they would be ok.

Oldest applied to 5 colleges yesterday, moving into another season of life and it makes me so happy for her but a little sad. I will miss my baby girl-thankfully my youngest is 8 years behind, lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got some more rain just at dusk yesterday.....not another downpour, that we've had 2 of this week!...just a soft but, hour or so rain. Almost 6" this week 🙃. Cool front is bringing Canadian air. Drier and low 80s for weekend. It will be a treat!

Up until almost 3am with canner going. Gotta do when ya gotta do. 🤷. 7 qts done. Pretty in jars 😊. I need to convert about 5 gal of milk into "something" today. Hope to make sweet pepper jelly AND need to go pick those elderberry, which means more processing into? Plus those tomatoes from picking yesterday are getting ripe, so I need to can those this weekend. Sure gonna eat well this winter!! 👍. It's busy!

Well need to get my 2nd cuppa. Slept until 7:30 and will now be milking a little late. Girls are waiting. Of course, I need to take some milk out of frig to get more in!!😲😂. Cheese day.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Come on down! We don't have that problem here, lol. I wouldn't know how to deal with that. We don't get that rain stuff either... at least not lately.
I would probably melt! I would like it for about a week and then be wishing for upper midwest weather :)

@Mini Horses I got the canner going too-in there right now a mix of tomatoes and peppers to add to hotdishes in the winter.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, No, No-no frost yet. It comes way to early here and then stays way to long! :)

Rain this morning, nice slow and steady summer rain. Didn't let mama hen or the chicks out yet because I don't want them wet or cold-couple more weeks and they would be ok.

Oldest applied to 5 colleges yesterday, moving into another season of life and it makes me so happy for her but a little sad. I will miss my baby girl-thankfully my youngest is 8 years behind, lol
X2!!! Both to NO frost, and to the kids getting older! :ep

My oldest and youngest are 10 years apart... that is nice

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pastured got "tuffed" today I think that's what you call it. I know the rake had the hay tossed up into the air.

I believe next is V-Raking, then baling. I'm buying my own hay by the 5x6 netted round. I was told netting makes a tighter round and it takes a lot of hay to make a 5x6 netted round. Tractor and I get to go pick them up from the pastures. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to store them. I guess it's a good problem to have. What would be a bad problem is to not have enough hay to feed the cattle this winter.

IDK... Still trying to get the farmer jargon down, it's another new language to learn.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸