Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So the right hand bar rotates to adjust the air flow. More air hotter fire interesting thanks for the pictures ๐Ÿ‘

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

No; a build up of ash will restrict air flow in all woodstoves

the bars lay flat when you are using the woodstove, the wood / fire lays on them/ they hold the wood

you turn them when you need to dump the ash out of the fire box into the ashtray,,

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No; a build up of ash will restrict air flow in all woodstoves

the bars lay flat when you are using the woodstove, the wood / fire lays on them/ they hold the wood

you turn them when you need to dump the ash out of the fire box into the ashtray,,
Got It - thanks ๐Ÿ‘

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wanted to give an update. Forecast is calling for snow, which is a nasty 4 letter word. So I decided to refire the wood stove. Wow so much easier on a bed of reused hardwood charcoal. The fire came up to heat quickly instead of starting from scratch with with paper and kindling. I'll most definitely be sifting out ash and reusing extinguished charcoals from now on. ๐Ÿ‘
IMG_20230124_124937501.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wanted to give an update. Forecast is calling for snow, which is a nasty 4 letter word. So I decided to refire the wood stove. Wow so much easier on a bed of reused hardwood charcoal. The fire came up to heat quickly instead of starting from scratch with with paper and kindling. I'll most definitely be sifting out ash and reusing extinguished charcoals from now on. ๐Ÿ‘
View attachment 22370

nice pic! :)

if you take some of that charcoal, the smaller chunks, mash it a bit more and put it on your gardens along with the wood ash and you'll be improving your garden soil a great deal more through time. all those surface areas are bare at first but eventually those chunks will be coated with bacteria, fungi, etc. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Multiple inches of snow inbound over night (4-6), low 40s tomorrow afternoon. Could get slickery
Well we ain't gonna freeze. Fireboard on the wall behind the wood stove sure does absorb and retain heat. Zoom in on the thermometer and I've got momma bear idling ๐Ÿ˜
IMG_20230124_171918373.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well yet another day come and gone, I thank Almighty for another day of life โค๏ธ

Romeo came up to the fence for a neck pat and scratch behind the ears. First time that's happened. I guess he's figured out I'm not such a bad guy after all.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day.

I hope you also enjoyed your day ๐Ÿ‘

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep it's snowing! Big sicky slushy flakes. I only noticed because Farm Babe said "your buddy is barking for you" yep sure enough... mr. baxter was barking his "I want in" bark. So I let him in, what else was I supposed to do? ๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_20230124_215833619.jpg