Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe I may have discovered a new elusive bug species, I'm calling this new discovery a "Hay Bale Hopper {HBH)". HBH'ers doesn't seem to do much damage to hay bales they hop on and I don't believe they are invasive either, but I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20230717_180808009.jpg

Another day is drawing to a close. I really hope you have enjoyed your day 😁

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Granddaughter: Pawpaw can I clean your office?

Me: 😲 Sure, you can clean my office!

She even swept the floor and wanted to mop 😂

IMG_20230717_165317596~2.jpg

But this? 🤔 I may need to talk with her teacher 😂
IMG_20230717_205807416.jpg

Simply amazing how much joy a child can bring into a room ❤️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve tried kombucha but just don’t like it. I even tried it several times, but nope. CC I wish you success with your kombucha. With your skills, I know it will be perfect.
Perhaps you may like flavored infused kombucha? The flavor combinations are endless really (fruit, spices, herbs) If the first batch ferments successfully, we will most likely cut it with non chemical treated spring water because I have a feeling it's going to finish ferment strong flavored. Then we will infuse it with cranberry and apple extract to taste.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got the 20% chance of showers yesterday that we didn't want. Hay on the ground... just tedded out to dry, to rake and bale tomorrow... .3 inch... Looking at forecast and trying to decide if we can get it dry enough to make with another 20% chance this afternoon and 40% for Wed and Thurs.... Leaving it will make the quality go way down, but if we keep working it, and can't get it made, that is a waste of time and fuel and won't help it at all...

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie : do you have air filter fans set up? As an engineer, I'm sure you know of the old box fan surrounded by four Merv 13 filters, with a shroud cover on top. They work GREAT for what you're talking about.

When I lived in Medford OR and the suburb towns of Phoenix and Talent burned to the ground in the fall of '20, I donated box fans bought at WM to a group that were building these DIY box filters for the local residents who lived nearby. I already had two store bought air filtration machines from my times of being on Level 2 evac status.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The smoke has intensified. Our sinuses are plugged up and achey. Not a good night's sleep for either of us. With the rain missing us for the most part, little cleansing of the air happened
Is there a map of the US that shows the smoke? I've not really noticed much of a change in air here, I'm curious though...