Cold and flu remedies?

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
At what stage do you use the gum balls? Green and picked off the tree, or brown and on the ground?

You want the green ones. Those have the seeds, and the seeds have the higher percentage of shikimic acid, which is the chemical I mentioned. You could use the bark and leaves as well, but the percentage of shikimic acid isn't the same.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't any black pepper in there... it can increase the bio-availability of the turmeric by something like 1000 percent

SERIOUSLY??? Just the ground regular stuff??? I wonder if the 'black pepper' essential oil would have any effect?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sumi, you are in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs
How do you cure the flu quickly?
Give these a try today.
  1. Stay home and get plenty of rest. Mind your flu manners. ...
  2. Drink plenty of fluids. Make sure you get more liquids. ...
  3. Treat aches and fever. Got fever? ...
  4. Take care of your cough. Over-the-counter treatments can calm your hack. ...
  5. Sit in a steamy bathroom. ...
  6. Run the humidifier. ...
  7. Try a lozenge. ...
  8. Get salty.
There you have it... :D

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
'Tis the season and I'm already on board with an awful cold :rolleyes: All this coughing and sneezing and blowing what feels like my brains out had me running to the pharmacy for some medicine quickly. I am up a collection of no less than three different brands of cough medicine now, none of which sadly seem to make much of a difference :he As well as some strong tablets that helps with the sinus drainage, but makes me so loopy headed, I can't drive or do anything vaguely responsible. I nearly took a tumble down the stairs in a store yesterday, which earned me a few unsympathetic "go home, you're drunk" looks. :smack But what am I do to? The different brand (non drowsiness inducing) tablets I tried managed to make me feel even worse!

Surely there has to be a better way to handle this nonsense, or even better, avoid it altogether? If you guys have tips or home made remedies, please share!
Colds and Flu: Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention, When to Call: Management and Treatment
  1. To reduce fever and pain — analgesics: Acetaminophen (Tylenol®) is generally preferred. ...
  2. To dry out the nose — antihistamines: Try an antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl®).
Nothin Beats the good ol Benadryl!!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
'Tis the season and I'm already on board with an awful cold :rolleyes: All this coughing and sneezing and blowing what feels like my brains out had me running to the pharmacy for some medicine quickly. I am up a collection of no less than three different brands of cough medicine now, none of which sadly seem to make much of a difference :he As well as some strong tablets that helps with the sinus drainage, but makes me so loopy headed, I can't drive or do anything vaguely responsible. I nearly took a tumble down the stairs in a store yesterday, which earned me a few unsympathetic "go home, you're drunk" looks. :smack But what am I do to? The different brand (non drowsiness inducing) tablets I tried managed to make me feel even worse!

Surely there has to be a better way to handle this nonsense, or even better, avoid it altogether? If you guys have tips or home made remedies, please share!
I Experienced that too.. trying to get stuff from the supermarket even when i dont really feel well... the guards qont let me in 😭😭😭

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stay home and don't let people breathe on you? That's my plan, plus flu shots and chaga tea. Hope you feel better soon!
yeah.. chaga tea is the bomb.. I really like it... the taste and the aroma. you'll really feel that you're getting better.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Seems like colds & flu is on the rise nowadays. A lot of kids here where I'm at is getting extremely affected.. A lot of parents here are praying that its not linked to the coronavirus in china.