Confessions of a Carboholic

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Of course there is the very aggressive approach which is as follows: The entire diet consists of ONLY raw fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks. Nothing else.
That would be a very, very stupid thing to do.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
(Pssst, you do have it on low right?)
Yes it is on low - I follow instruction when it involves things I know nothing of - I am not a bbq sauce fan and eat salsa by the gallons and as a bonus it has very little bad things which are more than likely overcame by the gooder stuff in it.

At least I only had 70 carbs today as I had to eat the last can of chili-mac so it didn't taunt me later, but then again skipped breakfast and dinner.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Of course there is the very aggressive approach which is as follows: The entire diet consists of ONLY raw fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks. Nothing else.
I tried the 5 fresh fruits a day for 3 months and didn't seem to help my weight, but also did not quit all the rest and only used them as a filler to cut down. and when they say "you'll appreciate the results every morning in the Bathroom" they ain't just whistling Dixie.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Five fresh fruits per day is a lot of sugar for the normal person trying to loose weight...one serving is fine though. Bulk up on veggies...root veggies are cheap and healthy. (Think patsy pie w/o the pie crust.)

You don't need to skip meals. Actually it is quite detrimental to someone trying to loose; your body goes into starvation-survival mode and won't "turn loose of" (TX term) the fat. (Body thinks it might need it for later.)

Graze all day on the good stuff, veggies, healthy fats (butter and cheese) and protein.

Sometimes when I get the luxury of sleeping in, I will wake up in the morning (early) and have a pre breakfast snack, like a hard boiled egg and some whole milk then go back to sleep. (Rarely does this happen btw. I'm always up it seems.)

Free are you proud of me? :D

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Just getting to the bridge while drink fishing, again high carbs ruin it for everybody.
boatsman_sm.gif

The Florida Tampa Skyway bridge after it collapsed
skyway_sm.gif

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
A perfect weight 190lb nut job who single handily remodeled the dining room and bathroom, I actually did this on purpose but carbs may have been responsible. This was 22 years ago and hope to get somewhat close with the new diet but doubt it as I was 28 in the photo and almost 34 now... yes my buddy made me do the foul pose.
nutjob_sm.jpg

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Lookin' buff xpc!

Um, is that a chair in your wall?
In the wall and ceiling but I cropped that out and certainly don't want to mention the book on the left (your right) or the china doll head laying on the chair - those were creepy in the dark.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow....you ARE the refined carb-king! LOL. But I love carbs too. Really, I could go a whole day eating nothing but bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. LOL However, I never, never do that.

I totally agree with the others who suggested cutting back on the carbs per meal and going at this slowly. Eliminating everthing at once is going to seem like....cold turkey.....and why try to be up to that? Most people fail at dietary changes because it's too drastic for them. So keep some of your carb favorites in your meals, but cut back the serving size by say half, and replace that with non-carb veggies as a starting point.

My actual eatng habits are similar to the things Wifezila and Icu4dzs. Although for me it's mostly about maintaining my weight (although, yea, it's healthier too). I don't have any health issues that so many people deal with - no diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol problems, etc, etc.

I try to keep carbs to 51gr or less per day, AND not more than 18 in one setting/meal. Basically that means I eat one one "starchy food" per meal - pasta OR rice OR bread OR a starchy veggie like carrots OR potatoes, etc. Also, it's one standard serving size - that's 1/2 cup for the pasta/ice or 1 cup of the veggies). I always eat proteins as part of my meals - like eggs with breakfast, sliced turkey breast, ham or tuna with lunch, meats or seafood with dinner.

For snacks I like hard boiled eggs, fruits, cheese, raw veggies and dip.

One of the reasons I like meat proteins is they help to keep hunger at bay. They also provide amino acids that levels which non-meat proteins cannot provide.

I do eat whole wheat and whole grain pasta, rice and breads. Yes, these still contain plenty of carbs, but eaten in MODERATION they're better than the "refined white stuff".

Anyway - try cutting back those carb portions as a starting point - and add servings of non-carb veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, salads, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, summmer squash or zucchini, cabbage and greens, etc.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Agreed!

I just have to say that nearly every vegetarian that I have ever known, has been overweight.

XPC.....keep up the good work!