Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Britesea Just yesterday, a neighbor was admiring my garden. I pointed out all the potatoes I had planted. Her reply, "I know where I'll be coming for my groceries." My response: You better get planting your own garden, girl. Cause you're gonna need it."

Tell her "bring your hoe with you when you come"

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Britesea

we are headed for some very dark times. I tell everyone I talk to, that they should be stocking their pantries.

Just yesterday, a neighbor was admiring my garden. I pointed out all the potatoes I had planted. Her reply, "I know where I'll be coming for my groceries." My response: You better get planting your own garden, girl. Cause you're gonna need it."

The glazed eyes are so annoying, especially since those same people will be the ones to wig out first 🙄

Also I cannot even explain how much the "I know where I'll be coming/going..." variant is absolutely piss me right the f*ck off attitude inducing. Why bother going anywhere if you can do it yourself? Why do you want to so desperately be reliant on someone else for something so important? Why is this such a commonplace mentality in the states?

I will show you how to do so, I will even help you get it started. Buy the stuff and figure out your area, let's go. Upkeep is reliant on you. But what knowledge I have I'm willing to share, my garden food, not so much a willingness to share.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's a matter of priorities; they think they are too busy to garden. If they would actually look at how much time they waste with useless tasks (I know one woman personally who takes THREE showers a day, accompanied by the requisite drying and styling hair, applying body lotion, applying makeup, and fresh clothes... How does she even have time to go shopping? Which she also does every day. Now me, I like to eat. so you know what MY priorities are... lol

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
There would be nothing more (excluding the divine) that would bless me than to have a wonderful wife, and a house of kids. That is my dream of dreams.
FB_IMG_1589750586781.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my past Bosses was a prepper. He was set for the Zombie Apocalypse years ago - his place is all set for easy defence, he has the guns, ammo, and food storage. He approved of me and my husband - and even told me that DH & I would be welcome to join them if/when the SHTF. That was a compliment, coming from him.

One of my co-workers made the comment during one of out conversations that she and her family (husband and 3 boys) would join him also. He asked her what she would be bringing to the fight - because he knew she didn't approve of guns. She says "I can cook from scratch". He answered " so can my wife and so can Sharon, and Sharon has a grian mill so she can make flour. You gotta do better than that." She pretty much kept quiet on that subject for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.