Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been working on the garden too. I never plant potatoes because they're too carby for DH - but I might change that this year because I can eat 'em, lol! Oh... and corn too! I can eat the corn and potatoes - he can eat the green beans and squash. Works for me!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had more snow yesterday, and there's a storm warning for later today. Still too early for me to do anything but maybe start some seedlings in the south window. *sigh*

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Too early for me to start seeds. I'm eager to get started. Soon! Planting peas on May 1, most things May 10 - 14, and green beans last May 21 - 28 ish. I'm not growing tomatoes or peppers due to my nightshade sensitivity so I don't need much started early. I will start herbs instead -usually I don't have space for them

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been collecting because I need to make some chicken nuggets. I packed the slow cooker as I suspect low fertility.

That will give me some future soup meals. Silkies just aren't big enough for much more. I may try baking one this time. The meat color doesn't put off hubby either. I probably can just treat them like pheasant.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We appear to have 5 layers out of the 10-12 we have left. I'm getting another dozen pullet chicks on the 30th or so, and we have 8 in the incubator that I hope are good. How many roosters do you think I should keep? I was thinking 2?
I think our one remaining rooster (Cogburn) is about 4 years old now. Is he getting too old to be much good at breeding? I ask because last summer one of our hens went broody and tried to hatch a bunch of chicks, but not a single one turned out to be any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts