Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
NCAA limited to players, immediate family, and essential personnel only....

We had a staff meeting today to prepare for the closure of school.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Prayers sent for your son, CC :hugs Hope this will pass him buy! If not, prayers sent anyway.
Thank You, I've been Praying for you also Hun.

They closed my son in law's shop for 2 weeks today. Everyone has been sent home, the business is locked up and no one can return for two weeks.

I really think that was the smart thing to do.

I also watched POTUS and it looks like the gov is going to be providing financial assistance (emergency unemployment) and low interest loan assistance for small to medium sized business. I sure hope the fingerprinting from both sides of the isle stops and both sides work together to provide assistance in whatever areas are needed. Now is a time to be United, play politics later.

Watch... See if what I say is true... But I believe things (both good and bad) are going to start happening at ludicrous speed now and will last several weeks. Please be prepared and don't panic.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubby and I drove 2.5 hours to pick up hatching eggs today. On the way back, we stopped at WM to p/u a few more items. The shelves were essentially bare. Not so much as a single roll of TP. No powdered milk. I got one of the last few bags of flour. Just a few bags of rice and beans on the shelves. I saw one guy checking out with his cart FULL of camping propane cylinders (no doubt he'd bought every last one) and 3 cases of Alpo dog food. Can any one guess what he's planning on for a protein supply?

Meanwhile, I've been begging my 94 y.o dad, and 79 y.o. step mom to come back from Florida. Both have significant dementia issues, and she is actually dependent on him for mobility. They blew off my pleas earlier. So... they are gonna be on their own through this. They have a care giver a few mornings/week, but... no idea how long that will last, or if she will bail the minute it hits their community.

Yes, I think we have entered a SHTF moment.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I agree. I think this is the real deal. I've got to try and stock up on feed and do a few other things soon.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree. I think this is the real deal. I've got to try and stock up on feed and do a few other things soon.

I've been buying extra feed for the livestock (and the dogs) for a couple of weeks. Don't have enough for months because I can't store that much without feeding the rodents. ARGH! But, really didn't need a lot of people food...

If this were to last for months and months I'd definitely run out of TP - horror!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I've been buying extra feed for the livestock (and the dogs) for a couple of weeks. Don't have enough for months because I can't store that much without feeding the rodents. ARGH! But, really didn't need a lot of people food...

If this were to last for months and months I'd definitely run out of TP - horror!
I, personally, think/hope it is short term. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.