Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was on vacation, haven't bothered to go to a store yet. Would like to get some fresh veggies, but will be fine if stores are bare.

Schools were closed for the whole state - announced today - so there will be panic buying tomorrow. 🤷

DH contacted all his employee who have children to see if they need help figuring out childcare since the main childcare provider in the area is part of the elementary school. So I think everything is okay here.

I'm planning to volunteer to disinfect kids' toys at the library at least for the time period that schools are closed. I'm trying to find vulnerable families who might struggle with food and childcare with schools closing. We all get sick together or we stay healthy together.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better, what about your wife? Strep is scary stuff with her cardiac history.
She is doing okay, I guess. Still feverish, really sore throat. Sleeping in the recliner.

Me, I woke up every 2 hours last night, almost exactly. Exhausted. Time for magical bean juice

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Store shelves are bare here like you wouldn't believe.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH is scheming to start tele-medicine and/or set up a system for triaging appointment and delaying all unnecessary appointments. (veterinary clinic)

I picked up a cold while on vacation so it's practice round of self-isolating. See what problems arise to be better prepared should we actually be required to self-quarantine for a longer period later.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One confirmed hospitalized case in the closest town, where we shop. My wife got word from her bible study group yesterday evening. So the ladies have postponed their weekly bible study group until this Chinese COVID-19 mess blows over.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Went to the store to top off a few things and Mary jesus and the handbag n donkey, I am so glad I didnt wait and paid attention to what was going on elsewhere. It's like everyone here got a single signal and are freaking out panic buying hardcore all at the same time.
Theres no tp, wet whipes, rice,beans, pasta, canned veggies, frozen meat or meats in general, vinegar, soap, sanitizer or bar soap let alone water of any kind under $3 in any of my regular shopping plazas. I've never seen a Sam's club so empty, never seen a walmart so empty or winco so busy yet empty on stock.
I am so glad I picked up some skill works lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH went to walmart today because he thought he needed frozen pizza. The ENTIRE AISLE of pizza was empty. :gig OMG, too funny! I guess the bread must have been sold out at both Walmart and ALDI because he would normally get it. Gallons of milk sold out at ALDI, he bought 2 half-gallons.

So thankful he remembered to get a big gatorade powder. It has been on my list twice and I forgot.

Our stock up was sheep feed, ammo, fresh fruit and vegetables. The ammo wasn't planned but the rest we planned [2 weeks ago] on buying today.

I am earnestly hoping that this pandemic will school an entire generation in emergency preparedness. It shouldn't be like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.