Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bangor, the nearest place to do any kind of shopping is now closed down except for "necessary" purchases. Hardware stores, grocery, and emergency medical will remain open. Hubby and I have a pre-order of chicken feed to pick up, and will also hope to pick up other necessities tomorrow. But, given this announcement that came out this evening, I'm sure that panic will reign there tomorrow.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

^^ worth reading!

I lost interest when I read "Politico Magazine surveyed more than 30 smart, macro thinkers this week" but I pinched my butt cheeks together anyways and continued reading. Then I read "We even elevated a reality TV star to the presidency as a populist attack on the bureaucracy and expertise that makes most of the government function on a day to day basis."

and with that I closed the browser tab. I'm growing sick and tired of reading jabs at the POTUS. When Oboma/Biden was in office for 8 years. I didn't like it at all but I didn't act like a jackass either. I had enough decency to respect the office of the presidency. I still do, regardless who is the POTUS.

Sorry, I didn't find the article interesting at all. But I did rediscover, the media misses no opportunity to take punches at the current presidency, even during a global Pandemic. No big surprise there!

I Must remember... Macro Thinking = being a Jackass!

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just like pushing the easy button. I love my wife's pressure canner. I thought I packed the jars tight but I guess I could have done better. Oh well there's always next time. At least it looks like they all sealed, so I'm happy. Whoever invented the home pressure canner deserves the medal of freedom.
IMG_20200322_211042354.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hasn't returned to normal yet here, but some stores still have paper products left in the evening. Potatoes seem to be sold out most the time.

I thought this article about American's shopping habits as compared to the same weeks last year was interesting. https://www.npr.org/2020/03/20/818995256/americas-shopping-list-here-s-what-we-re-buying-the-most

Wait a dog gone minute... Is this fake news or am I just an idiot?

Raise your hand, if you can buy antibiotics without a prescription.

If I'm an idiot, clue me in please.
Screenshot_2020-03-22-22-00-38.png

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No one listens to Trump outside of the USA lol. He's a worldwide joke to most.

This is the tweet I was talking about, the same treatment as mentioned, from a French study being warned against by a doctor in the Philippines.

This side effect is worth the risk for chronic pain and psychiatric patients, but not for covid 19 patients? People shouldn't be taking any drug that isn't prescribed and monitored anyway - but I guess that depends on the country.

We can not access medications like this in countries with universal health care - they are restricted and only available via prescription.

I hope the scientists can find a suitable treatment for those who want it. Whatever Italy is doing now does not seem like the correct treatment.

With all due respect and incase you haven't noticed... The entire world is in the midst of a global pandemic. The world is looking for answers, not criticism.

If you have all the answers on how to stop the spread of this Chinese COVID-19 global pandemic virus. Then please share them, the world is waiting. Why do I hear crickets?

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hasn't returned to normal yet here, but some stores still have paper products left in the evening. Potatoes seem to be sold out most the time.

I thought this article about American's shopping habits as compared to the same weeks last year was interesting. https://www.npr.org/2020/03/20/818995256/americas-shopping-list-here-s-what-we-re-buying-the-most

That was an interesting read.

I am curious though where people are getting their antibiotics tho, last time we got em they were expensive! And hard to get

Potatoes have gone out pretty good in most stores here too, same as onions and garlic, boy am I glad I've been planting garlic~
I need to eventually do the same with onions, just jot sure where yet

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
u can buy antibiotics on amazon. they are marketed for fish. I never knew a fish that needed 500mg of amoxicillin twice a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.