Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie if your wife did have it, it's heartening that she apparently shook it off. Same with @CrealCritter

We are in Day 12 of our self-imposed quarantine, and so far everything is looking good for us. We have to go into town for a couple of things ( Pick up the laptop, and a heat lamp for the chicks that should be arriving tomorrow, because the current one is from last time we had chicks and I don't know how long it will last.) Plans are to continue the quarantine for at least another 2 weeks and then we will look at what's happening in the county.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Any time I go in a store, I wear mask and gloves. Yep... they say that a mask is not helpful at preventing transmission. But... even an ounce of prevention is better than none at all. And, if masks are not helpful, then why is the medical community taking such precautions? I have a friend who's husband is an ER doc. He wears full gown, gloves, heavy duty mask, and face shield for any patient contact. He is now changing from street clothes to scrubs at work, and then changing back to street clothes to go home... leaving street clothes in his garage. All of his colleagues are doing same.

mischief

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wear gloves when you go to town, was em when you get home, then wash your hands as well. Apparently this bug can sit on shiny surfaces for 72 hours. Dont forget to wipe down the laptop first.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
by the time this Chinese COVID-19 passes, we are all gonna be ODC on steroids.

Finally dry enough in the high part of the garden to get in it with my wife and sow some english peas. It felt good to get my hands dirty. And nope I ain't washed them yet 👌 But doing it right now, because of reading this thread.

I sure hope China is held accountable for this mess.

While in garden though, it made me wonder about the funk I had two weekends ago and if it really was the Kung Flu 😷. I mean if I already had it and recovered. I would surely try and donate some of my blood for plasma, to help someone else.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we are all gonna be ODC on steroids.
It's OCD - not ODC - but whatever.

We have a case in the tiny little town where I live. This town is so tiny that we have a post office. Nothing else - just a post office. The town where I formerly worked and do my shopping has around 10 cases. It's all around us though and we're doing our best to stay away from it!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know why I feel.the need to look at the numbers every nite before bed - it's depressing to see the % of deaths increase every night, now at 4.9% world wide. It makes me mad and sad at the same time. And this is exactly how I feel, looks like I'm not alone either.
IMG_20200401_001652.jpg

Screenshot_2020-04-01-00-03-55.png
Screenshot_2020-04-01-00-06-00.png

Screenshot_2020-04-01-00-04-41.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.