Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not sure of all this, but ive always been a sceptic. seems to me that its blown out of proportion. we have about 200k people in our county. there have been 7k tested. 600 positives. 5 deaths and only 70 active cases that they are reporting. meanwhile they say 40% of cases are asymptomatic. that means that more realistically we've had at least 1000 cases and still only 5 dead. that's a .005% death rate. I think the flu is more deadly.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm going by what my dog tag said when I was in the Navy. I know I can't donate blood even though I have the "universal" blood type, because I had hepatitis as a child.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know I am kinda late to the discussan, but our dr told hubby and I he thinks we had covid when we were so sick in February. we both had all the symptoms- fever for 2-3 days, body aches, headache, chough that didn't leave for 8 weeks, hubby had a very rattily chest and his blood oxygen levels dropped into the low 70s. I mysteriously started having super high blood pressure (230/138)then had a heart attack in may. hubby still has low blood oxygen levels and we are hoping he doesn't loose his CDL. we both tested neg for the flu twice. when our small local hospital starts doing antibody testing we will have it done. we are still waiting for the lung tests for hubby cause our hospital hasn't resumed full operations yet.

my youngest daughter just tested positive for covid this last week. she is sick but her boyfriend is taking good care of her. as a mom I am heartbroken I cant go help take care of her. but with the heart attack so recent and not knowing if we actually had it, it was recommended I not go.

when I was sick, my oldest daughter, my 3rd daughter and my mother were all sick as well. my mom was almost hospitalized and my husband fought it I wish now that I would have made him.

I know of 3 people that were asymptomatic . the first was a cousin that worked in Smithfield plant. He only got tested when it became mandatory because he felt fine. he was positive for 68 days from the first positive test. the second person was a friend that worked at a car dealership, the owner went to a convention in Chicago and brought it back here so all their workers and friends had to be tested. he was only positive the 1 test then had 2 negative tests, and the 3rd worked at a factory and had 2 positive tests the 2 negatives.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know I am kinda late to the discussan, but our dr told hubby and I he thinks we had covid when we were so sick in February. we both had all the symptoms- fever for 2-3 days, body aches, headache, chough that didn't leave for 8 weeks, hubby had a very rattily chest and his blood oxygen levels dropped into the low 70s. I mysteriously started having super high blood pressure (230/138)then had a heart attack in may. hubby still has low blood oxygen levels and we are hoping he doesn't loose his CDL. we both tested neg for the flu twice. when our small local hospital starts doing antibody testing we will have it done. we are still waiting for the lung tests for hubby cause our hospital hasn't resumed full operations yet.

my youngest daughter just tested positive for covid this last week. she is sick but her boyfriend is taking good care of her. as a mom I am heartbroken I cant go help take care of her. but with the heart attack so recent and not knowing if we actually had it, it was recommended I not go.

when I was sick, my oldest daughter, my 3rd daughter and my mother were all sick as well. my mom was almost hospitalized and my husband fought it I wish now that I would have made him.

I know of 3 people that were asymptomatic . the first was a cousin that worked in Smithfield plant. He only got tested when it became mandatory because he felt fine. he was positive for 68 days from the first positive test. the second person was a friend that worked at a car dealership, the owner went to a convention in Chicago and brought it back here so all their workers and friends had to be tested. he was only positive the 1 test then had 2 negative tests, and the 3rd worked at a factory and had 2 positive tests the 2 negatives.

Oh funny farm! A heart attack! I do pray for you a complete recovery. Did having Covid bring on the heart attack? My husband was VERY ill the first of February and it was a long recovery. We think it was Covid. For months afterwards if he exerted himself, he gasped for breath. We work outside a lot so I placed him a chair where we were working. I’d make him sit down, sometimes I told him he was done and made him go to the house. It took awhile but he finally got over it. He is 75. I think the working outside and pushing himself was the best lung therapy for him. I hope your husband is better soon. Big hugs.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh funny farm! A heart attack! I do pray for you a complete recovery. Did having Covid bring on the heart attack? My husband was VERY ill the first of February and it was a long recovery. We think it was Covid. For months afterwards if he exerted himself, he gasped for breath. We work outside a lot so I placed him a chair where we were working. I’d make him sit down, sometimes I told him he was done and made him go to the house. It took awhile but he finally got over it. He is 75. I think the working outside and pushing himself was the best lung therapy for him. I hope your husband is better soon. Big hugs.
it is something they just don't know yet, much like my husbands lungs. it is so new they don't know what lifelong issues it may bring. we both are just now getting to where we can walk around Walmart without having to give up and leave or stop to rest. I am just getting to where I can feed and water animals without sitting for a break. but the dr said the # of people who are having strange heart and lung issues is very high. it is unfortunately a waiting game to see if it is permanent. and yes the fatigue was horrible!

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it is something they just don't know yet, much like my husbands lungs. it is so new they don't know what lifelong issues it may bring. we both are just now getting to where we can walk around Walmart without having to give up and leave or stop to rest. I am just getting to where I can feed and water animals without sitting for a break. but the dr said the # of people who are having strange heart and lung issues is very high. it is unfortunately a waiting game to see if it is permanent. and yes the fatigue was horrible!

You and your family have had a time of it. I will keep you in my prayers. I am glad you both are on the mend.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I posted this on FB a couple of days ago. I'd like you all to read, then take a moment to respond. Time to play Doctor, folks. As a physician, how would you respond????

When is it ok for a physician or care giver to cause harm to a patient? Is it acceptable when someone outside the medical profession insists that the caregiver perform an action which causes harm to the patient? Let's pretend for a moment that you are a doctor. Read the following TRUE case study, and please respond.

Patient A comes to your clinic for routine bloodwork. He is 95 years old. He has multiple diagnoses. Including type 2 Diabetes, and cardiac issues leading to pacemaker placement. He has frequent episodes of low blood pressure, and fainting. He was recently discharged from hospital and rehab, during which time, he had MULTIPLE negative covid tests. Per Janet Mill's protocol, Patient A is required to wear a face mask. While waiting for his blood work, he reports feeling dizzy. He has not had anything to eat, since he needed to be fasting for some of his bloodwork. His family attendant reports the dizziness, his blood sugar was tested, and found to be on the high side, but he was given a snack anyways. He was moved to a treatment room for further assessment. Oxygen Saturation rate was 88%. Standard treatment would involve placing patient on oxygen if he is not able to maintain O2 sats above 90% on room air. Family member asks if mask can be removed. Remember. This is a patient who is now demonstrating lack of oxygen. He is Covid negative, and he is in a private treatment room, where all other attendants are masked. Entire wait time, blood draw, and medical assessment ended up being 3 hours. Patient and family member asked if he could remove his mask. As his physician, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.