Cosmetic Enhancement

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Man opinion.

I prefer natural over enhanced any day. I have never seen enhanced that don't look like they have something in them. They look great under a blouse and a lot look great with the blouse off. There are positions where you can tell there is some additive in there. They also don't feel the same.

I can understand a woman wanting to have them tightened up a bit when they get older and go south a little. After all everyone would like to have what they had when they were younger. Also ok if you have overly large boobs and they hurt your back or are just uncomfortable. I won't comment on size because that kind of stuff is a mistake no matter what you say. Tummy tucks are the same thing. I could use one myself, but I would have to be making about 5x what I make before I would even think of it. I could understand it in a man under 40 or a woman under 70 that wants to wear a 2 piece bathing suit.

Besides men have to make do with what nature gave them ;). No complaints, just saying.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG............ I cant believe that none of you want to look like you have spent most of your lives stuck in a wind tunnel. ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well I have to say...after nursing three kids, well, mine aren't what they used to be when i was fifteen...and at 40 years old i don't expect them to be! Any MAN who expects them to be has a problem...and obviously wouldn't stick around thru thick and thin anyway...therefore is NOT worth attracting!
My aunt also had one of those surgeries and had to have them removed afterwards due to leakage...let's just say that when they take them our they aren't as careful as when they put them in, and she was pretty mush destroyed. Huge cross scars that never faded...and alot less there than she origionally had, and the skin stretched alot more as well, so you can guess what that looks like.
When I was in my twenties she showed me what happened and warned me against vanity.
I do happen to like myself just the way I am...I mean, I like to keep the cellulite down, but would never go to cosmetic extremes to do so.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you get a good surgeon and a few cosmetic changes, you can come out looking 10-15 years younger without the wind tunnel effect :lol:

I have seen and will continue to see wonderful surgery jobs.

then there is the horror stories of course...like --gee I have little cash--lets go to Mexico for surgery (Ahh, crazy, sure)

Anything in life can be overused, have a bad result, or be great for what you paid for.

for me, I will be in line for some work done definitey...not a thing going to change my mind on that one :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just remember, beauty is only skin deep.

But ugly goes clear to the bones. :hide (Wasn't that a line on Sanford and Sons?)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it isn't about not being comfortable when older, for me it is being able to easily look better for little effort and spend some of my cash how I want...:/ I am a pro fan of cosmetic surgery. And it is fine others are not...:p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Cosmetic enhancement can be taken many different ways. Do you colour your hair, pluck your eyebrows? Wear makeup? GEt a boob job, or liposuction?

I will never get cosmetic surgery as I am now. If I am mangled in a car wreck or something, I may need it. I have coloured my hair, I do pluck my eyebrows. I wear mascara and sometimes lipstick. I agree with wifey in thatthere is a line. many have crossed it. However. Each to their own. Just like the plain dress thread, we all have our own boundaries. How we choose to portray ourselves says alot about who we are. But one thing is for sure, we are all different, and therefore choose different things. I do not get hung up on vanity, but at the same time, I do care about how I look.