Could my kefir be making me sick...Let's play detective

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks DM, that is exactly what I was thinking. I started a new jar with a smaller grain and I will give that a try tomorrow without the broccoli!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My next suggestion will be to completely ditch everything you are having in the morning and have something COMPLETELY different for a day or two. See how you do. If dramatically better, add items in one at a time to see which one is the culprit.

It is strange that you could do well on this regimen for so long then suddenly it is making you sick. How frustrating!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Free....great idea, but I am drinking my smoothie as I read this ...DOH!

I did change it up though.

I had a few carrots early AM followed by 1 c of green tea (not missing the coffee so far...hope I don't get a headache)

My smoothie I changed...carrots, blueberries, plain yogurt and 1/2 banana.

I am suspect of the kefir and the broccoli, so I left them both out. Also taking an break from eggs.

All day yesterday I felt off. I forced my self to eat a small salad for lunch and wasn't really in the mood for dinner....so I had some vanilla pudding with a few strawberries. Tried to drink my water but my tummy was just a little off.

Hopefully I can pin point the issue...this is getting old quick!

I am grateful for everyone's input :love

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Dace . . . if you think your symptoms are getting worse (lasting longer through the day), maybe you have the stomach flu? Let us know how you feel today. Hopefully this will go away soon. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am feeling SOOOOOOOO much better! Yeah!

I swam, felt great, came home and made a nice big ol' salad...nice to have an appetite! :woot

So suspects as of today are broccoli, kefir and fried eggs.

Thanks for all of the great ideas and suggestions!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm glad you are feeling better. Are you going to add those suspect foods back one at a time and try to find out which one was causing the problem? If so, I'll be interested to hear what it is.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yes, I will add back one at a time and of course I will update!!

Although, I am afraid now to self induce another sick day! I am putting my money on the broccoli. I have been upping the amount I put in my smoothie and for about the last week or so I have been adding a heaping cup.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I was wondering if you would have the courage. ;) I don't know if I would. But maybe if you wait a week you will feel braver?