Could my kefir be making me sick...Let's play detective

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe there was a good reason you don't like broccoli and it can be gassy. I don't know, I'm just throwing out suggestions :hu
Just had to say when I seen the post of "wobble barfs" I had to take a second look cause I thought it said "wobble farts" :lol:

:hide are you ABSOLUTELY & POSITIVELY sure you're not preggers???

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yep....I am on my period right now, heavy as ever. My typical symptom is sore breasts and I don't have that either.

I am finding this all to very really odd and out of character for me....I almost never ave belly trouble!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd skip the broc & add a different green. At least for a few days, if not a week & see how you do.

Brocoli makes me burp horribly unless its very well cooked.

Sorry you feel so icky! :(

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
OK all you smarties! I'll ditch the broccoli for a few days and update tomorrow!

Thank you for your input :love

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Dace . . . honestly what you are having for breakfast would probably make me sick to my stomach because of 1. the heaviness of the egg and 2. the combo of fruit with veggie. But I have a very sensitive stomach and I cannot stomach coffee without a bread product in my belly.

Kefir can be highly acidic, if you ask me, which is why I will only take it with a good amount of banana. The first time I had it (plain), the flavor reminded me of stomach acid. Maybe mine is too strong? I'm just saying you might want to cut your kefir with more banana and less other stuff. I also noticed that if I put a metal lid on my kefir jar without wiping the rim well, the kefir will corrode the metal.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am mildly allergic to chicken eggs and get queazy if I eat them.

Same with bananas.

Banana AND chicken eggs together and I would be VERY ill.

Skipping the broc for a bit is a good start, but if cutting it out doesn't help, look to the eggs next.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
DM your post made me think. As I pulled a clean grain out of the frig to start a fresh kefir batch I realized how huge the grain is that I ha been using. Could an overly large grain in a 16 oz jar be making kefir too strong for my belly?

Grasping I know but perhaps it is worth considering.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Mine has gotten big and turned into a twin, which I need to divide, but it seems to just mean that the kefir is produced faster. If you are leaving it for the same amount of time it could be stronger. You might consider using a smaller grain or shortening the time it takes to make the kefir. Try cutting out the broccoli first, then maybe check to make sure the kefir isn't too strong. Good luck! I hate feeling sick to my stomach in the morning.

Latest posts