Could you live without internet for a week?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup. Haven't had it at home for over 10 years, at work is only access. Don't usually have any withdrawal problems when I go on vacation or whatever, but I would get curious about the lives of my friends here and other long distance friends. One in particular is practically phoneless and I love talking to him. Online is the only place to do it. At least until TSHTF and he moves in with us :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
One in particular is practically phoneless and I love talking to him. Online is the only place to do it. At least until TSHTF and he moves in with us :lol:
I have a friend like that too! :D My husband and I joke about building him a loft space in our barn. Heck, we could use the extra help, especially if TSHTF. :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Of course a person COULD do it for a week, but whether they would want to is another story. I have lived without Internet for most of my life, but now that I have it I use it a lot for learning all sorts of new skills and getting all sorts of information, plus keeping in contact with my friends and family.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
We didn't have internet for over half my life growing up, but now I rely on it heavily.. I do my college courses online!!

If I was busy enough with other things, I don't think I would miss it too terribly, but I know I would miss chatting with a few people.. At least I have telephone numbers!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm home by myself most of the time and this is my way of "talking" to people. Sure I would get more done and could find other things to do but the animals just don't answer back when you talk to them. :)
You say that like its a bad thing.

I love that they don't talk back to me! Its a nice change. :lol:

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I physically could, but it'd be boring. Although, I have to say I'm rarely on at home as much anymore because we put our computer in the basement and I don't care to spend my time away from DH all evening. I'm mainly on at work (;)) when things are slow.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live without it every year when we go to the beach on vacation...but now I have a laptop & the place has wi-fi, so......;)

Worse, years ago (when I had money), we used to go to the Caribbean...the hotels there didn't even have TV - horrors!!! :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I would absolutely hate to give it up! But of course I could and might have to before long.
I mostly like this forum, but also have a lot of social contact with far away friends and family. I also like being able to look things up without having to get into the car to go to the library and just reading different stuff on line.
It is also a nice quick way to keep informed on family stuff including sharing pictures.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
You say that like its a bad thing.

I love that they don't talk back to me! Its a nice change. :lol:
I don't have any kids. It is only my husband and I. He works almost 2 hours away so he is basically gone all week. He does come home every night but there isn't much left in the day by the time he comes home and we eat dinner. So pretty much all week it is just me and I don't see any other humans sometimes weeks at a time if I can't get away. We aren't THAT remote but I have a corn field on one side of me and neighbors that are very busy with kids activities on the other side. I'm busy with the farm so most of the time I can't get away. This summer even my friends that are close (within 45 minutes of me) have been so busy that we just aren't getting together. So between emails and forums, that is my social network for now.

Actually, I'm not sure I would want to hear what the animals have to say. They probably wouldn't be appreciative enough of all I do for them. :gig