Could you live without internet for a week?

Marshmallow Man

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The only thing I miss when the internet is down is being able to pay bills. I am completely paperless and when the internet goes down for a week I have to dig everything out and call bills in since I can pay just in time on the internet. So I don't have the 10 day mailing and processing time that you have with paying by check.

No computer no problem.

GPN

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
nope.....I am addicted to information!!! Quicker and better information comes from the internet! I buy more from online than I thought, I was out of service 3 weeks and couldn't get to a computer, I was nuts!!!

GPN

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Its idle time that I spend on here, so I'm sure I could find something better to do...like finish a quilt, or read.
DITTO!
BUT...
nope.....I am addicted to information!!! Quicker and better information comes from the internet! I buy more from online than I thought,
Also DITTO!
I am completely paperless
NOT, I have only paid a few times by computer as I write a check as soon as a bill arrives in the mail and send it the same day, I don't trust the internet with my money. My small town bank does not have online banking. I can't look at my account online.

There is this ...
There are a few very special things in my house that a lot of you have, but I couldn't have found just anywhere
Same here.

Yes, no,yes,no?????
:barnie :idunno :hu :th
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! :gig

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
LOL! :lol: I really do feel so much better knowing I'm not alone! I have only had a computer for the last three years but I am totally hooked! This is where I get my information. This is how I keep in contact with people far away (most folks don't know how to use snail mail anymore).

Well, I'm gonna miss you guys but starting Sunday I'm turning my computer off. One week. Who need's thier house cleaned? :gig

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yes I could do it. There are already times when I don't get online for days.

But my DH and DS would have a hard time of it.

It would mean we would have to spend more time together--wait a minute--maybe I couldn't do it :/

dinytcb

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have when my computer crashed. I didn't like it though.:barnie

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
I'm going to conduct an experiment: no internet for one week. Not because I forgot to pay my bill or computer died, but just to see what it would be like if the SHTF and we were all of a sudden without modern entertainment and information resources. I already don't watch TV and I don't have a cell phone, so I will pretty much be reliant on myself for sanity. So starting Sunday, no internet. :hide

Think you could do it?
I know I could do it .....LOL....because my network went down for 8 days. I just got logged on this morning. Been off for 8 days and they had to track the problem and repair.

Only problem was soap orders in my email, very important for my biz and my banking statement I do not track banking anywhere but on the internet so I sure missed that but I was fine for 8 days

I borrowed Barb's computer 2 times. Real fast printed email orders and checked bank statement. Took all of 15 mins. tops. And to think I spend hrs. on this puter when I have it at home...lol

and I got tons done around the house

Marshmallow Man

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Same here. Spend my evenings doing this instead of stuff that needs to be done. I'm thinking of putting it in the bedroom. That way I'll just use it for necessary stuf.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I gotta have my internet.... I edit online and do other work online, too.

Not to mention the 15 minutes a day that I sit at the computer with my morning coffee and toast, and enter sweepstakes and contests. One o' these days......

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Well, I went four and a half days without it! :lol: I really missed the social interaction though. I did get alot done and alot of stuff happened while I was "out". I knitted 2 and half socks, caught a racoon by my chicken coops, made bread, made beans, ect. I didn't get as much cleaned as I would have liked but my work/class schedule is to blame for that. Thanks for participating in my experiment!