Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The picture of her sleeping with her head on her bowl is just too cute!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, cuteness finally has an official name (besides NO, Good Girl) and we/she decided that Cheyenne worked! :D

Really liked Gypsy too, pinky, but as I told doc...well gypsies are flashy, colorful, ROAMERS...I got that last word out, my eyes went big, hit the brakes and crossed that name off the list. :gig

Got her wormed on Sunday and she seems much more active and has a better appetite, but that could just be because she seems to have doubled in size already. :gig Will give her the shot tomorrow as we're breaking those kind of thing up so none of it is too hard on her system and it seems to be working so far.

She had a BIG day yesterday as she went to moms with us for our civilized visit and it was her first, away from home socialized visit. She won everyone over...this includes moms' "psychotic" dog and my stepdad. :cool: Even one of moms' kittens thought she was pretty okay, for a dog:

ry%3D400

Cheyenne spent most of her time hugged up to the water dish (when she wasn't actually in it) and at one point she got herself through the railing. She went to back up and turn herself around and I think you guessed it...her back paws caught air and down she went. Luckily she hit the grass and got right up, shook it off and commenced to have a short spurt of puppiy rips. Dad had a fit because I was laughing about it but it was mostly from relief that she was actually okay. ;)

Doc caught a cute pic of her, too. We had joked with dad that he ought to give her a ride on his JD riding mower (mode of transportation since his left side is completely paralized from a stroke) and he laughed big and said that he'd do it if she would. We tied her on the run when we went in to have dinner, doc went out afterwards and caught her napping on the mower:

ry%3D400

In other news...we finally got a bit of much needed rain and a break from 100+ temsp! :celebrate Got about a 1/4" on Sunday and racked up with a half inch today. Still way under our normal rainfall amounts but way better than it had been and I've enjoyed the small break from dragging hoses around the yard. :cool:

Not much else to talk about since it's been all about the new pup! Oh, almost forgot another story on her! :gig I need a "Let me tell you about my dog" t-shirt, bumper sticker and home decor, don't I? :gig

I told yas about putting her in a big box to sleep in at night. Well that wonderful plan only worked the first 2 nights. The past two mornings, we've awakened to her sleeping peacefully outside of the box. Fortunately, she hasn't messed inside at all and those times she got out of the box never chewed on anything she shouldn't have. :celebrate Tonight we'll try the baby gate and see how long it takes her to figure that out! :th

Okay...no more dog stories today but I have one for tomorrow! :gig

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You might find that she likes riding on the JD. I had a dog that loved to ride on my nephew's go cart!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Deb,

I suspect your right about her liking riding on tractors as it's the first place she goes to hang out when we have her on the run at moms'. Told pop he's gonna have to hide the key when she gets bigger or she'll teach herself how to drive it. :gig

We moved the Broody from %#$$ back into the main coop on Thursday night as I was so over fighting her to get feed and water taken care of for her and the chicks. Doc got her in a towel and there were only 4 chicks. I figured that I must have seriously forgotten how to count until I fed and watered today and found a Black snake on top of the pen. :rant Added some concrete block to the top in hopes of keeping the snakes out for now. :fl

It lightly rained almost all day, today, and the temp never got over 82F...what a wonderful break in the weather! :bow We didn't got a lot of rain, over all, but what we got was able to soak into the ground!

Found this huge, scary looking beetle over at moms' the other night. Mom is pretty sure it is a Vampire Beetle. :gig :

603_july_12_2012_002.jpg

Cheyenne is doing well and growing like a weed! She's as big as Smoke now but has learned (the hard way) that Smoke is mean when she wants to be. :hide

ry%3D400

"Hiding" from Smoke after she was given a "smackdown" for being too rough:

ry%3D400

Helping Doc drag in deadfall for the fire pit:

ry%3D400

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :fl

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I grabbed my entomology text book, turned to beetles and started to look for a pic. :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to get myself a good bug book. Can you give me some suggestions, Deb? I appreciate all of your help with IDing them! :hugs

Not much going on here other than the heat is back. We hit 111F (in the shade) on Thursday. :th Later that afternoon, we had a storm come through and give us about a quarter inch of rain. Only made it to 99F yesterday and I about froze! :gig Moving soaker hoses from bed to bed has become a full-time job again but I'm counting that as daily exercise. ;)

Only got just over 2 gallons of blackberries before the heat/drought decimated the plants but that's 2 more gallons than we had last year so it is a positive thing, right? :D

Cheyenne is doing well and keeping me on my toes. She loves going to the garden with me and is doing well with the birds when I have them out ranging. She gets the occasional urge to chase them but cuts it short the second that I holler Hey.

Well, I'm outta here for now but will be back to play catch-up with everyone later. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'll get back to you on that one. I have one that's good for a lay person, but I'm not sure where I put it. I think it's a Peterson guide. We have the same one at the nature center, so I'll check for you on Monday-unless I find mine. The thing that's nice about it is it has a guide in the back to help you figure out what kind of bug you have.