Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just put the bread in the oven! :D

This mean y'all have an hour to get here and help me eat it when it's done! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Just put the bread in the oven! :D

This mean y'all have an hour to get here and help me eat it when it's done! :lol:
I was already in bed!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum.....warmed up, slathered wth butter and a cup of coffee on a cold, crisp morning......I WANT ME SOME!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here ya go, fem:

Ginny's 10-in-1

We ordered ours through Seventh Avenue

We're so glad we decided to invest in it! Last nights bread was the first successful non-stressful baking that I've done since we've moved out here. There's no way that the old propane oven would have regulated itself for the hour that the bread needed. :celebrate Plus it's a perfect size for just the two of us.

Speaking of the bread, it turned out real well! I'll cut back the baking time to 50 minutes instead of an hour, since the top got just a tinge too done and will cut back on the sugar, too. Will add the nuts next time, too. Thought I had some stashed back but didn't and decided against spending half the night cracking the hickories that I've been gathering up. It's perfect for dessert or breakfast and would be excellent with cream cheese. ;)

603_october_7_2012_005.jpg

Had a super-lazy day today. Just couldn't get motivated, so I didn't. :hide

Cheyenne and I did get out and soak up some sunshine but that was about it. It was too wet to do anything in the garden beds but they should be workable tomorrow since it was somewhat windy today. :fl Yep, that's it...I laid low today so I can bust it out tomorrow! :D

Not sure what exactly I'll get into tomorrow as there's only a million possible things that I should do! :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, we had more rain again last night. It was such a light, gentle one that I had no idea it was happening until I took Cheyenne out for a potty break around midnight and noticed that the ground was wet! :lol:

So, since it rained, the beds were still too wet to mess in so I followed Debs' lead and did a bunch of weeding, instead. ;)

Mom dropped my mini pallets off and hung out for about an hour. Sent her home with the other loaf of Sweet Potato Apple bread and made her day! :D

Doc brought home the ginger and horseradish roots, so I can make up another round of fire cider but since the bread was such a success, I'm having visions of homemade soft pretzels and think I just might do them instead, tonight. It's a matter of almost instant gratification as opposed to at least 2 weeks steeping and instant is winning out! :gig

I have been craving homemade egg custard but the girls haven't given me an egg in the last week so that won't be happening anytime soon. I can't complain though, especially since they managed to continue laying all summer long, despite the extreme heat we were dealing with. They definately deserve this break! ;)

Cheyenne and I got out and took a walk just before dark and the rain plus the cold snap has really got the trees excited! Will try and get out with the camera tomorrow and get some pix!