Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We took a small towel with us went we went to pick her up and used it to get the scent of her mom, dad and litter mates...a little security blanket, if you will. ;) And it just so happens that the guy we bought her from is a friend of my sisters...small world, huh? :lol:

She's a good rider...she just sat in my lap and watched the world go by as we made several stops before getting her home. Had to get puppy chow, toys and a collar for her and then Subway for us. She curled up in my lap and slept through the short trip home.

She met Smoke, first thing and I was impressed that the cat didn't run and hide. Smoke is bigger than "my Precious", but won't be for long, I suspect, as the little girl has some paws on her! :lol:

Got her fed once we got settled in as the guy we got her from was nice enough not to feed her so that she wouldn't get sick on the short ride home. We were totally appreciative of that one! ;)

We have a large dog crate but it won't fit under the table, so for now she's sleeping in a large box in the middle of the floor for the nights. She will be jumping out of it in no time, I'm sure, as she tried several times already but I keep telling her NO in a firm voice and telling her it's time for bed. So far, so good! :fl

She probably thinks that NO, Good Girl is her name! :gig

She'll be 8 weeks old on Saturday but she's getting a bath tomorrow with Dawn dish detergent as she was raised up outside and I noticed a flea or two on her. Dusted her with food grade DE this evening just to help do some damage control.

Well, I'm gonna get off of here and give her another potty break before I call it a day!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ahhhh....looks very loveable...congrats!!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :hugs

We are totally smitten with Miss Thang! :lol:

We expected her to really miss her old gang but she has settled right into our "pack" with no hesitation. :cool: She was up every few hours her first night (and so was I) but she did much better last night and I was able to get some solid sleep in. :D

Since she was used to being outside, we've had no potty accidents in the camper. :celebrate I had to warn doc that IF he should step in a wet spot on the floor, more than likely it isn't an accident but where she stepped in the water bowl to get a drink. :gig No, the bowl isn't THAT big, she just loves to play in the water. :lol:

Still no name and the list keeps growing...came up with Iko, Grace and Gypsy yesterday. :th Today, whenever I take her outside, I'll use every name on the list and see if any of them get her attention.

Was sold on Rayne yesterday as we finally had a bit of the wet stuff. :gig Then Grace popped into my mind since she's in that "graceful" puppy stage (it's also me and my nieces nickname from the family since we never outgrew our "graceful" puppy stage). :gig

One of her favorite nap-time spots, which has earned her the nickname "Underfoot":

ry%3D400

Her second favorite nap-time spot:

ry%3D400

The tennis ball won ( :gig ) and one of her favorite ways to nap:

ry%3D400

Well, going to attempt her bath today since we had storms move in yesterday.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend...see ya later! :frow

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had a very positive/progressive puppy day here! :)

Got her bath taken care of and she was so good, she just took it all in stride and never complained. It was about 105F when we did the bath so I dried her off good and then just stayed out with her and let her get it out of her system and boy, was she full of herself! :gig Once she was completely dry we came back in to soak up some much deserved AC. ;)

She took a long, well deserved nap after her bath and big romp. I was preoccupied reading some Aussie info when she woke up and she went directly to the door and whined so I could take her out for a potty break! :celebrate She is super-smart and I am just so impressed with her! :D

Still playing the "name game", though. I went through the list during each potty break and she came to me on all of them! :gig Not the reaction I was hoping for but oh well, tomorrow is another day! ;)

She'll "love" us tomorrow as she's getting wormed and her 9-in1 shot. :hide

We'll be getting her a baby gate tomorrow so we can get her out of the box and get her sleeping area set up under the table. None of us will miss the box that took up most of the hallway. :gig

Well, I'm gonna get off of here and spend some time with doc. :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
personaly id take ANY name that sounds like "no" or "good" off the list (there always confusing), and 2 sylable names are easier for dogs to learn (as most commands are 1 sylable theres less confusion)

i love the name gypsy, shes so flashy :D