Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Will definately let you know how we like it, Deb. I think it'd be perfect for your tack shed! ;)

Today was nice...overcast all day long and in the 80's! :cool: It would have been perfect for laying down more cardboard and sawdust in the garden paths but I was out of sawdust. Got more stuff cut down in the path I'm working on and doc brought home several feed bags of sawdust this evening, so I'll get another path done tomorrow! :celebrate

Went to get a pic of the chicks this evening and the camera battery was dead, of course! :th So I'll get pix of them tomorrow. ;)

Now the mad puppy story:

Cheyenne hates the flea and tick spray we have for her but it has to be done so we sprayed her down last night before doc went to bed. She ran under the table and we hear this 'scratch, scratch, scratch' sound, look at each other funny and look under the table. No pup! Doc thinks she has managed to fit between the narrow gap between the front wall and one of our benches so she's under one of our seats. Yay! :th So I lift my seat up and no Cheyenne which means she has to be under his seat.

He starts pulling his small cigar humidors off of his big cabinet and here she comes...over the top of the cigar cabinet! :gig There's just enough space for her to get up on the seat, between the wall and the cabinet and we couldn't see her back there. :gig

The mad dash for freedom:

ry%3D400

Mom is pickin' on me and I'm sure she doesn't love me anymore:

ry%3D400

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"Poor puppy" has me well trained though. Used 45 bucks worth of Amazon Gift Cards from swagbucks to put in an order: 2 books (for doc and I) and got our little precious a crazy squeeker toy that is a tree stump with 3 stuffed, squeeky squirrels. If the pup doesn't like it...I'll keep myself amused with it, I'm sure! :gig

It was overcast and cooler again this morning so I spent it puttin' around the place. Got some plants side-dressed with bunny gold, did some weeding, fed/watered the critters and just came back in as the sun is now out and it's gotten hot and muggy!

Fixin' to get dinner put together (seafood alfredo), then as soon as the garden is in the shade I'll get back out there and work on another garden pathway. ;)

Well, gonna make me some lunch before doing dinner. Will be back later with some chick pix! :D

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, gonna make me some lunch before doing dinner. Will be back later with some chick pix!
Oops...a few hours turned into a few days! :lol:

Been keeping busy between the pup and life in general but all is well here! :D

Been getting a bit of rain this past week and although it hasn't been enough to even come close to making a dent in what we need to get out of this drought, it has been enough to refill my rain barrels ( :bow ) and gave me a small break from having to use the soaker hoses (and city water). :celebrate

Got Cheyenne's new squeeky toy in last week and she loves it!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The chicks are doing well and growing fast. Doc is off this week so he's going to help me finish getting the Chick-n-Barn ready for them. Won't take no time with the 2 of us terrorizing it. :fl

The 3rd one from the left is the suspect cockeral as his come was bigger and pink before the other three, he's also a bit larger than the others although it's hard to tell from the pix.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was absolutely thrilled when my second clump of Suprise Lilies decided to start blooming this month! I didn't expect them too as I haven't been watering that flower bed since none of the plants are edible.

ry%3D400

Got the orchard fence rearranged, yet again, today! :cool: It now has the Bun Barn enclosed, as well as the side door on the real shed! Will get pix of it tomorrow as I ran out of daylight today!

Well, gonna get off here for now and spend some time with hubby. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Cheyenne is a cutie! Looks like she's really enjoying that toy.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Cheyenne is adorable. :love Some animals are afraid of spray bottles. The spraying sounds similar to a snake. You might try spraying it onto a rag or something, then wiping it on the pup.

Glad your barrel is refilled. :weee

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I never even thought about the sound of the spray bottle, dl, good point! The smell was horrible, though, and figured that had a lot to do with it. :idunno Fortunately, doc found PetArmor for dogs & puppies and picked up a box of it. I hate using chemicals but this stuff works great, no nasty smells and is waterproof.

We need waterproof as she's certain that she's a Lab...loves the water and can't keep her out of the kiddie pool that mom gave us for Bubba. :lol: Been trying to get pix of her in it but apparently the camera is a pool deterrent! :gig

Took her to the vet's yesterday to get her 12 week shots and wass old enough for the rabies shot, so we got that taken care of, too. ;) She made friends with everyone she saw and even gave the vet puppy kisses after getting her shots...we were so proud of her! :cool: Have to take her back in 3 weeks for her last round of shots and then she'll be done with the vet until she's 6 months old...we're going to have her fixed. ;)

We love the new vet(s), it's another husband/wife team and a walk-in-clinic, so no appointments! Their prices are much more reasonable than the last place we used and the people who work there are all terrific! :love

Haven't made much more progress on the Chick-n-Barn but it's been 100F+ again all week. :th Doc got the engine compartment on the Dakota vacuumed out yesterday and found that the mice had chewed on one of the sensor wires and the air hose. :rant We also need to replace one of the injectors, but we learned that just after moving out here and money was super-tight to almost non-existant at that time.

Well, gonna get off of her for now and get some piddlin' done around the place since it's overcast...

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
doc here,

re. Dawn's truck.... after shopvaccing 5 lbs of b.o.s.s. and scratch feed, a bunch of guinea feathers, fire wall insulation, various sticks and leaves and heaven only knows what else, i was able to get her power steering pump installed and the rest of the stuff put back together. i found a few electrical issues (chewed wires) and a vacuum hose chewed off at both ends. i was able to get it started and moved to a better location in the yard to continue working on it, but dc electrical and vacuum problems are not my forte' i may have to go to a pro on this one. sigh...
we were hoping on insurance, tires and off we go.......

doc

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH had to replace the water pump on my beast last week, and pulled out a huge mouse nest that was tucked up under something or other in there! This in a truck that's driven all the time :p

I had some of those lilies come up here too - they were leftovers from the previous owners and I had no clue what they were. The 'green parts' died off in the heat, so I figured they were just ornamental grass that didn't hold up to the weather. Then, last week, up came the flowers, almost over night! My father stopped by and noticed one group of them, and asked why I stuck those fake flowers out there :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig That's too funny about your dad thinking they were fake flowers but they do kind of give that impression with just being flower stalks. It's actually normal for their leaves to die back every summer
and then they send the flower stalks up at the end of July/beginning of August and usually after a good rain. I had one clump bloom early in July and just figured this other clump had succumbed to the drought since I never watered them.

We almost had some rain yesterday and it would have been greatly appreciated but once it got to Mountain Home, the storm splint into two with one section heading northeast of us and the bottom half moving off to the southeast. :rolleyes: We have a 30% cnace again today and we're going to my moms' for our civilized visit here in a bit...maybe we'll get some of it since I won't be on-line staring down the radar, willing it to rain on us! :gig

Hope everyones week is going well so far! :hugs