Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I painted another wall. Was feeling good so I scraped out ewe pen in the barn and gave them fresh litter. My heart rate was doin' good, hovering around 100, which is normal for me for exercise. I finished up and watched them for a couple seconds [standing] and my heart rate went up another 50 bpm and I had presyncope. I do not want to faint in the barn and hit my head on concrete so I went inside. Dog tired. DH got home a couple minutes later and reminded me that we had 2 sheep left to shear and the forecast for tomorrow is 90's. We got the sheep sheared, I had to stop and rest a couple times, but wasn't as bad as I expected.

We moved the older chicks from this year into our meat flock for growing out. We ended up with a decent hatch out of the second batch! Surprise! We thought we were going to end up with only one chick! DH moved them out to the barn. I'm in bed, too tired to eat supper. I'm done for the day.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a miserable "vacation"! My husband's family are all drinkers, we don't go to many family gatherings, it's just not fun!

That is scary, good thing you have that appointment coming up soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree - that IS scary. I'm no cardiologist for sure - but a heart rate of 156 can't be good... Are there meds that could stabilize the heart rate? Not that I'm an advocate of taking a pill for everything, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :hugs Still in awe that you do all that you do!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There are meds, but then DH has to give up on more biological kids. There are non-pharmaceutical treatments that I plan to try after the test for definitive diagnosis.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmm conundrum. I hope you can find something that helps, or DH accepts not having more kids (if that's what you want, of course)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Just… :hugs Look after yourself and be careful out there!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I ran almost 1/2 mile today. I had to stop a couple times, but was better than I expected. I was trying to trigger a response I've had in the past to measure heart rate and blood pressure. It didn't happen, which is probably good. I collected some interesting data too. It wasn't terribly scary so I might pick up running again a little at a time when I can.

I stayed home from the vacation cabin today, DH took the kids in the evening. I've been practicing piano a lot to try to get ready for my lesson tomorrow. I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped for. The weather was idyllic today, so I just enjoyed it while putzing with housework.

We had hay delivered - 179 small square bales. It's really good hay! DH was impressed!

Our plumbing backed up, but DH managed to get the clog out. :love

Latest posts