Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Context: Play button has meant "the game of rough/physical play with me" as in I slap or punch and he mouths and we have a rowdy good time for a minute.

Me: *trying to work at my computer*
Boi: *pacing*
Boi: All-done
Me: ???
Boi: Play
Me: All-done Play. Play later
Boi: Ball
Me: *give him his ball*
Boi: *doesn't play with ball*
Me: All-done Play. Play later
Boi: Ball
Me: *give him his other ball*
Boi: *doesn't play with other ball.*
Me: thinking: did he just use Play as a verb????
Me, using buttons: Play Ball
Boi: *tugs on ball a little bit*
Me: 💡
Me: *gets out his tug toy*
Me, using buttons: Want Play Toy
Boi: *is happy and plays tug enthusiastically, then thrashes his toy*
Boi: *goes to the couch and curls up for a nap*
Me: o_O

Did he tell me to stop using my computer and play with him? o_O🤩
actually quite smart if you think about it. he got YOU to pay attention to him, mission accomplished so he went to nap. Takes a lot of work to train a human

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yesterday was insanely busy, in the best way possible. I'm shocked I don't have post-exertional malaise or a sore throat today! My supplements for mitochondrial function / chronic fatigue syndrome / vitamin deficiency/dependence are working! I feeling very hopeful for being functional this spring/summer. I'm worried about temperature changes because those can provoke my symptoms. April and June tend to be difficult.

Since starting thiamine supplement I can drink alcohol without getting POTSy. o_O I never could tolerate more than a couple sips before without getting dizzy, lightheaded, fatigued. Now it's not an issue.

I told DH we should go out to eat while I am able to eat anything without getting sick. :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
New triplets

20220329_085625.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm relaxing in the car with Roz, my friend's border collie that I want to adopt. We went to the farm store, pet store, and walked on a trail. Wore her out! 😍

Now I need to convince Boi and her to coexist, convince Roz not to chase livestock, and DH that we need another dog. 😅

20220404_104227.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
2nd last ewe had triplets. First one was stuck- no front feet out. DOA. Third one DOA also. Bummer.

I have another orphan lamb now. One of triplets. His siblings gained 3# in the time he gained 0.2#and he was trying to bum off other ewes and was yelling. I put the 2 orphans in a pen together, but he escaped back to momma. Tried again and he is contained now.

DH and I tagged, vaccinated, castrated lambs today. Docked boys tails, but left most of the girls tails unless they were extra long.

Temperature was warm - 50 F - but it was so windy it was cold. I didnt do anything outside.

I'm fighting deconditioning and post exertion fatigue, but there were moments I felt like myself today. DH helped me find tools, he cut PVC for one of my dog training gear projects, and figured out what is wrong with our clothes dryer (needs a new belt). He's the best😍

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is in a phase of not listening to directions. Most recently he put a tall box on his hamster's cage and left the lid off. Hamster escaped.

Last night we heard rodenty sounds all night and early morning that sounded as if they were in the ductwork.

We put an endoscope into the ducts - no sign of her. DH thinks DS7 and I are wrong about the sound coming fthe ducts last night.

No sounds tonight either. I am worried she wont find access to water. But there are mouse stashes of dog kibble in my walls so I doubt she would starve. (What do mice drink?)

I put her cage on the floor, used the lid to make a ramp up to it, and sprinkled nest material from her favorite hide on it. (Hamsters navigate by primarily by scent.)

She's such a nice hamster! I hope she fonds her way back! 😢
Woohoo! :weeeShe ran across the bedroom floor and DH caught her! She is back in her cage with the lid secured. She will never like her cage again after experiencing feeedom 😅 I need to look for an upgrade.