Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finished a pair of jeans today. I let out the hem and changed the shape - shorter in the back so they don't hang on the ground. I stitched and riveted the front pockets so they don't sag and wrinkle. I took 4 inches out of the waist. And dyed them dark blue to freshen them up. They are a wide straight leg.

Next up is denim shorts. I cut the top of the waist band off. I made them a bit shorter. They are indecent to wear away from home :gig I topstitched the cut edges about 1/2" away from the edge so they can fray but not fall apart. I plan to add matching lace trim on the side, but not until I'm done dying.

I have a coat I love everything about except the color. It was orange. I dyed it to burgundy a couple years ago and it faded to burnt orange - yuck. I have it cooking in an intense dye bath now. I hope for purple but I might have to settle for brown. As long as it's not orange, I'm happy. :gig

I've also been dip dying the hat I knit in July. The yarn is turquoise. I did the first dip with dark blue from the jeans and second dip with blue-purple from the coat. I'm hoping for ombre effect.

I bought a little tan halter bralette on a whim. I added an elastic band because it was too loose.

I started to switch my closet over to fall/winter, and added a couple pieces to my donate bag. My house is a mess! But my stuff is getting done. 💪

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had to look up vibration plate. They range from a small pad you stand on to a stand up unit with a platform to stand and work out on. Sounds interesting, especially for someone with restricted movement. I'd like to follow your progress, post a picture of your vibration plate? I hope it helps you out.
20221016_094948.jpg
I love it! I hop on it for a minute or 2 and it gets rid of the "heavy" feeling in my legs. I have areas of dull purple skin on my outer thighs from poor circulation. They are normal skin color after vibration. My skin temperature increases - another sign of increased circulation to the skin.

This morning I woke up stiff and sore from sleeping on the couch with a dog. The vibration massaged out my sore neck in a couple minutes. 😲🤩

I have been using it after I sit for a while, and as a warm-up before stretching. I have also been using it at slower speeds for an unstable surface for bodyweight exercises.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 put the windows back into the chicken coop.

DS15 started piecing together scraps of wood to patch the bottom of the chicken coop wall. DH took pity on us. He cut pieces of plywood and put them in with his pneumatic stapler. I caulked the cracks, thanks to @flowerbug 's tip about rodents chewing where they sense air movement.

DS15 attached the fence panels that divide my coop. I re-attached the hardware cloth on the fence (DS15 did an awful job of it!). DS15 and I put up chicken wire between the top of the fence panels and the ceiling.

DS15 whitewashed the coop interior.

I moved chicks into my coop! They have a 100 watt incandescent bulb for heat. No more chicks in my basement!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's a lot of "not buying" going on here!

Much of my work includes putting new price strips on shelves of product that I've moved. I am maddened by the frequent, continual and large increases -- especially product on shelf. I understand their pricing for anticipated ingredient rises but, I want to see their bottom line change to stable or lower. NOT the huge profits now going on -- as the CEOs lean back and smile...here sheepie, sheepie!

I've started my grocery "no buy months" early. And buy almost nothing unless a must have -- gasoline, feed, etc. It's a challenge.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My house is clean-ish! :weee It's a miracle! I feel like I've barely been home. I figure I've been gone 20 hours (out of the 36 hours DH has worked) for me and/or DS15 volunteering. Hard to keep up on that schedule. Especially with making cider, canning, and dehydrating going on. Dehydrator and canners are put away. Cider press and 4 5-gallon buckets are still on my kitchen floor. DH might press a batch of cider for hard cider, or he might dump the apples for the deer. Could go either way.

Buddy is actually getting easy to live with! He has settled in SO much in the last few days! He goes in his kennel on his own. The more chill he is, the more freedom he gets (but not allowed in my basement or loose overnight after the marking incidents.!) Gonna trade him in for a pscyho-crazy-hyper dog. sounds.... smart. :gig

My boss has another contract project for me - writing a Canadian version of the textbook I just finished. I need to look at it and list questions for the Canadian subject matter expert. Dang, I thought I was done. But I like money... 🤦‍♀️

No holes in my chicken coop yet! I have been dumping leftover food in a 5-gallon bucket in the evening and storing it in a metal barrel we keep feed bags in. But chicks have had food out 24/7.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Buddy has a potential adopter, and he isn't even surrendered yet. Contingent on the person's dog and Buddy getting along. 🤞

I spent time with Splash out of the kennel room. It took him 20 minutes to learn behaviors that Boi took 6 months to learn. :love He is gaining weight nicely! I have been giving him an extra 2 or 3 cups of kibble as treats each day :gig

I bought a new dog seat belt for the car that uses latch system. Buddy tap dances on the buckle and pops my car seat belt connector out. Not secure enough for traveling with fosters! And I bought a harness for Splash, because I'm a sucker. He was much-much better about mouthing/nipping today. Yesterday I wasn't sure he would be okay here - with DS7 training him too. Splash gets vaccinated and neutered on Monday, so I expect to pick him up on Tuesday. 🤞

20221028_124444.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He does doesn't he! That might account for the quickness, intelligence and maybe even some the nipping... :hu
He does! He looks like a heeler / rat terrier mix. The shelter manager listed him as heeler/terrier at first. But he acts like a border collie. The shelter manager changed his breed to border collie after seeing him in action. I might have a DNA test done to satisfy my curiosity