Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I picked up Roz this morning. She was dirty enough from dry mud to leave a dirty spot in my car. It blends in nicely in my car :gig but I gave her a bath right away when we got home. She's not a fan, but she tolerated it. She was able to tolerate some blow drying and brushing too.

Even with the bath, she is less stressed again this time. She is moving around my house semi-freely. She is dragging a leash and Boi is wearing a muzzle. Baymax and Roz don't mind each other - we haven't worked through feeding arrangements yet. Boi is not nervous pacing or lunging. He is curious and mildly avoidant. Roz is a bit avoidant of him. She doesn't want to move into his space when they face each other. (fair) She is feeling confident enough to approach and sniff his butt outside (her on-leash, Boi of-leash).

I have been told she is not housetrained, but she communicated that she needed to go out to potty again today. So far she is better housetrained than Boi was when I got him.

We have established a routine for going through doors peacefully as a group.

I got a book on positive/clicker herding training yesterday. I've barely started reading it but I love it already! Roz is very sensitive; she can't tolerate punishment at all. I'm eager for her to be comfortable enough her to start training.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
20220408_140219.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Couple more lambs born. One apparent orphan. Mom is tolerating the lamb in her pen but isn't mothering him. He is not doing well. He was drinking milk replacer from a bowl this morning. Now he's getting tube fed. I'm sleepy but staying awake so I can tube feed him again tonight. I should wake up extra early to feed him again, but I don't know if I can manage that.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
2nd last ewe had triplets. First one was stuck- no front feet out. DOA. Third one DOA also. Bummer.

I have another orphan lamb now. One of triplets. His siblings gained 3# in the time he gained 0.2#and he was trying to bum off other ewes and was yelling. I put the 2 orphans in a pen together, but he escaped back to momma. Tried again and he is contained now.

DH and I tagged, vaccinated, castrated lambs today. Docked boys tails, but left most of the girls tails unless they were extra long.

Temperature was warm - 50 F - but it was so windy it was cold. I didnt do anything outside.

I'm fighting deconditioning and post exertion fatigue, but there were moments I felt like myself today. DH helped me find tools, he cut PVC for one of my dog training gear projects, and figured out what is wrong with our clothes dryer (needs a new belt). He's the best😍

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Last ewe had hard time too. One lamb stuck and DOA. Two more lambs are okay. Ewe ruptured her prepubital ligament. Apparently its a rare injury, potentially fatal if her bladder and/or uterus ruptured too. We dont know if its heretible. She cant produce again and her surviving lambs are boys. But I have one ewe out of her. She was one of the bottle lambs I purchased to increase genetic diversity. Bummer to lose her. 😕