Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We spent all day at the food stand again. First big shopping list done - at least 2 to go. We made a new workstation. More painting - trying to get 3 coats on. Picked up the air conditioner from storage. (gotta figure out how to install it...) More scrubbing.... so. much. scrubbing! Imagine a 10 x 20 shed, that they had 7 kids at a time making milkshakes (i.e., ice cream everywhere, even the ceiling!) and then they had the kids do the cleaning. Oh. My! :gig

They have trouble getting kids to volunteer in the food stand. I can tell why now. The previous manager didn't do a good job of preparing the stand. They didn't have recipes measured out. The ice cream scoops were JUNK - and all different sizes so recipes wouldn't have worked anyway. They had the ice cream tubs too high for the kids to scoop from and no one used hot water dip to heat the scoops. 🤦 The knives for cutting pie were too dull to cut a pie crust. They had random utensils that had no function or were broken. But didn't have utensils they needed to get the job done. Random leftover stuff from old menus cluttering the space. Nothing was labeled. Even thr brooms were so worn out they didn't work. Geez! I'm an old fart and I don't have emotional regulation to deal with that! Poor kids!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I 🥰 IV glutathione. It's so fast. I was dragging butt into my appointment. Too tired to be chatty with the nurse (my favorite nurse too). After the infusion starts I can taste the glutathione in my mouth - not a good taste! 🤢 and about 5 minutes later I'm starting a conversation. By the end of the infusion I'm chatty and feeling decent.

I got 2 kittens on Friday. They were indoor/outdoor, raised in a family with 4 kids, and have been seen mousing. Sounds good to me, so I asked for the 2 gray female cats. They were scared on Friday - hunched up in their litter boxes. Today they're purring and rubbing on us. 🥰 and then I notice... one is a boy :gig 🤦‍♀️ they'll be fixed soon so it's not a big deal. But I worry bc I had a male kitten. He was neutered but still started roaming and disappeared when he was about a year old. 😥 I got 2 kittens in hopes they would keep each other company and stay home.

DH helped me with some construction/handyman projects at the 4-H food stand that I couldn't do myself. Fixed plumbing leak. Put up 2 shelves. Replaced a light fixture. Solved the ventilation problem.

I need to remove the extra stuff stored in there. It occupies about 1/3 of the shelves! We're so cramped already! I'm going to put it in my shed for a couple weeks until the fair is over. Then a deep clean and we're ready to set up.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Glad the treatments are helping.

I hadnt provided on the wife in a while. She is undergoing additional testing/screening, including some DNA testing. She has a really great immunologist who is working closely with her rheumatologist. Her immune response is so low, the antibody tests don't register

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Glad the treatments are helping.

I hadnt provided on the wife in a while. She is undergoing additional testing/screening, including some DNA testing. She has a really great immunologist who is working closely with her rheumatologist. Her immune response is so low, the antibody tests don't register
Sounds like she has a great care team now! I hope they can get her feeling better!