Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I feel ... almost like myself this morning. Extra sleep and a nudge from caffeine :weee

I cooked beans for the chickens. Kids did chicken chores. Kids trained the dog and I took video.

I anticipate a certain person is going to say that because I train my dog that my kids don't and their anticipated wins at the count fair aren't legit. (I've been through this before!!) I'm not taking chances. Kids are logging their training and I'm documentation it with video. I'm posting it all online to prevent rumors.

Dog is going to daycare today at "the big kennel" for the first time. He was crated excessively in a neglect situation and then kenneled at a shelter. I'm trying to change his opinion about kennels before I need to board him.

I'm planning to enter an AKC show. Go get over the beginner nerves, see how my dog handles a trial environment, humiliate myself in public... what could go wrong? :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm staying home and cooking today. I'm using AI to find recipes to use up random leftover ingredients. So much easier!

I made pudding made out of marshmallows, vanilla baking chips and milk. Weird! But okay! Glad to get rid of the leftovers! Kids will eat it!

I made no-bake bars with graham cracker crust, cream cheese flavor baking bits, and chopped pecans. Very happy to use up the cream cheese chips - I regretted buying them. I'm going to freeze these bars for later.

DS16 made pancakes for the freezer - quick breakfasts. Now making peanut butter dog training treats. Bread is next.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Kids had a day off school yesterday. I planned to take them to a zoo/conservatory. DH took off work to go too. Then we talked about our plan and I told him that I was planning to take art supplies to keep them busy and I wanted to go alone. I've been telling myself I would do this every winter since we went to a conservatory on family vacay in Feb 2020. DH is not a fan of cities and crowds, so he offered to stay home with the kids. :love

I spent an hour drawing, and 2 hours meditating in the tropical conservatory. It's divine. It smells like heaven in there. I bought a couple plants for a souvenir, LOL. I'm looking forward to repeating this next winter.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kids had a day off school yesterday. I planned to take them to a zoo/conservatory. DH took off work to go too. Then we talked about our plan and I told him that I was planning to take art supplies to keep them busy and I wanted to go alone. I've been telling myself I would do this every winter since we went to a conservatory on family vacay in Feb 2020. DH is not a fan of cities and crowds, so he offered to stay home with the kids. :love

I spent an hour drawing, and 2 hours meditating in the tropical conservatory. It's divine. It smells like heaven in there. I bought a couple plants for a souvenir, LOL. I'm looking forward to repeating this next winter.
What a lovely gift from your husband! :love