Dealing with MIL during FIL ALZ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are making great progress on that tree! I'll bet that is big worry off you mind :hugs

Best $450.00 - I spent in a long time. A huge consern just slid off my shoulders.
Not only that but 6 of my sons pitched in $75.00 each, plus helping with the clean up, so it really cost me $0, we'll have to feed them but that's what big BBQ grills are for. I have a nice deer hind in the deep freezer waiting for such an occasion :) I also just took Friday and Monday off work to do the clean up with my sons and take the good wood for firewood to our Amish friends. Plan came together nicely for two days notice.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got back from moving and piling up some of the tree. When I walked up in the driveway I was smiling ear to ear. One of my sons was already out there cutting up some of the bigger chunks so we could move them.

I went in and talked to my MIL. The first thing I said is Are your feelings hurt? She said God No, did you look at that stump and how rotten it was? I told her I knocked around it with my pocket knife and it scared me and that's when I said its coming down ASAP before it falls on the house. She then thanked me and told me that if it wasn't for her there wouldn't be a tree on the place because my FIL would have cut them all down.

She had a old steel chow bell that was on a pole that she thought was stolen. But my buddy moved and didn't put back since its old and quite expensive he didn't want to break it accidentally. I found where he put it up by the house and I put it back on the pole and she was happy. My standards aren't that high for friends but I don't make friends with thief's.

Anyways I stopped at our Amish friends and made plans to bring them many loads of firewood starting Friday morning. Looks like I'll be getting some goat milk, pies and bread also. That's what i call a Win Win all the way around. I hate to see anything go to waste, I'm just glad I found a home for the firewood on such short notice. All those Amish kids are so cute and always smiling. It makes me happy just seeing them smile.

Then my neighbor came over and asked me if i would tend to his place and horses for a month while his is deployed to Germany (he's in the Army) - yep no problem, he then gave me all the keys to the house, barn, tractor, side by side. Its just another day in the country, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being a country bumpkin'

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree with Sumi. PLUS -- your rant!

My question (don't mean to annoy you with it) Where was the son who got all the tools??? He couldn't do the job or at least help? Your DW isn't thinking about that? :he

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is a fine looking ramp. I know what you mean about finally getting fed up and getting angry. You take and take and take, then one day, that's it. My ex-MIL was such a %itch that at her funeral a few months ago, only her daughter, daughter's son and my son were the only ones who sincerely grieved for the Ugly Witch. Everyone else knew that the flowery words from the preacher was all a pack of lies. The preacher just didn't know any better.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MIL is here now, said "You did a nice job on the ramp, pa and I used it today". Then I said your going to need to put that sandpaper tape down no more than 6" apart because you don't want your shoe to be on the wet wood or you may slip." Then she asked me how many rolls should I get? I said I have no idea, the ramp is a total of 24' long and 4' wide. How long are the rolls? She didn't know how long they are. Then I said you know for less than $20.00, you can cover it in that indoor outdoor carpet we agreed on. She didn't like that idea, why? IDK. Then I changed the conversation.

She's a strange bird is all I got to say. Lacking common sense and has to be in control of everything. Now I know why so much **** is all jacked up at their house. My MIL told my FIL how it has to be even if it made no sense and is wrong. Well I got news for her, she ain't going to control me like that, she's not my wife. I don't have a problem doing stuff over there, but I will not be micro managed PERIOD, end of conversation!

Sigh... Sorry again and again for ranting... Somehow it helps though. It's tough times right now dealing with my FIL ALZ, let alone her BS.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After my mom's hit -- a woman who previously had an extremely good memory! -- I began researching. Not only to help her but, because "I DON'T want to go there!"

As we age, not only do our systems slow down with physical workings but, many chemicals are at reduced production in our bodies. The cause of many health issues. But the brain gets hammered. Good health, activity, correct eating and supplementation of some vit/min is terribly important.

While they do not know what "causes" AD, they do know things that appear to reduce the chances in a given population and have surmised things that help prevent, or cause larger impact.

For instance, in India & China, the incidences are far lower. Tuermeric in India, veggies in China...both are felt to be important in reduced inflammation in the body. Organic veggies, normally have more nutrition, vit/min. Some oils are better for you. Mediterranean diets have good components. Fast food & highly processed with chemicals & who knows what -- are bad. Activity -- physical and mental, helps. Weight gain in later years a BIG no, no. Quite often, that is because of reduced activity & increased eating. Seniors often don't eat well when living alone. Smaller family units -- not like years back when several generations lived together, or extremely close -- can create less activity, poor eating. Plus, it seems that arthritic people seem to be less targeted by AD. Again, they surmise it is due to taking anti-inflammatories more than those people without the arthritis.

:idunno I'm not a fanatic but, I have taken it upon myself to address my life and these issues that seem to correlate to a lesser chance of AD. I CAN see things that happened to my mom and could have been prevented, maybe sparing her....eating habits, significant weight gain, low activity, too much sugar, no vit/min control, on & on. :(

But then, I feel strongly that MANY of today's health issues in the total population are contributable to eating and exercise choices that are not good.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are no words to express the sadness I feel for you & your family at this time. Just know that he will be without pain & suffering soon, to go with God Yes, sad but a well earned rest is coming. Heaven is real.

May the Peace of God be with you and yours.