Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm dizzy. Not surprising when you consider the crazy weather we've been having, but there's also not much I can do about it. The forecast I saw calls for a chance of showers everyday! :hit

My son borrowed my one cat carrier about a month ago. I called him yesterday, told him I needed it. He still hasn't brought it back. And, I can't put both cats in one carrier, they'd fight. :he

So glad I don't have to work anymore. I'd be late today. I feel like going back to bed. Maybe after I feed the horses, I can take a nap in my tack shed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Believe me, if didn't have to feed the horses, and take the cats to the vet, I would have. I got almost nothing done today. But, I was able to feed the horses, pull some weeds, and take the cats to the vet. Poor Rerun either stepped on something, or she got bit. They had to shave part of her leg, so they could take a good look. And, down at the bottom of the leg, it's all purple. So, she' on an antibiotic. :(

Don't know if I'm going to prayer meeting or not. I'm falling asleep, and my sinuses have a lot of pressure on them.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
We can dose our kitties together :D

Amira is sound asleep on me so I cannot get to the meds. But she's about due...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
*SD puts on her best "mom" face.....*

If your sinuses are prompting the dizzies, have you tried taking Sudafed? Do you have environmental allergies like to grass, pollen? I have to be careful this time of year not being out in the pollen too much. Might be a good day to hang out inside and fiddle around on your computer or clean house.

Drink lots of water, eat a banana and some gingersnap cookies! No caffeine until you feel better and nothing salty!

I hope your local barometer evens its keel and you feel better soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
The problem w/my sinuses was probably a result of 2 things. I went to my parents house for lunch on Tuesday. They got water in their basement from Irene, and have some mold now. Plus, we have the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee hanging around. It's been raining off and on since late Monday. I feel much better today.

I was going to go and pick some elderberries, but it poured during the time I was going to go. I'm so tired of the rain. I don't even want to know how many inches we've gotten in the past month. But, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it's close to 30". Once again, there's roads flooded. Philly had horrible problems this morning w/people trying to get to work. There were so many roads closed that there were jams all over.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Feel better. I think this is just the time of the year for the sinus thing. I took D1 to the minute clinic today and she has a sinus infection and fluid filled ears to boot.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I haven't been on much lately, been too busy. Hubby was working a ton of overtime, so while he was working, I was trying to get done as much as I could. I've gotten some of my housework done, but the main thing I've been working on is weeding a section of my field. When it's done, I'll be blocking it off, and planting some grass seed. Today, I spent longer than I had planned to. I found myself staying at the farm much later than planned.

I was dumping my bucket when I noticed that Honey was limping pretty badly, so I went and checked her out. She was lame on her left hind. I noticed a large swelling just above the bulbs towards the inside of her leg. I called the vet, then had to wait for her to call back. Meanwhile, KN shows up. I hadn't been going to do anything until I talked to the vet. For one, I didn't really have the time, for another, Honey can be very difficult to handle if she doesn't like what you're doing. I need to work w/her more, just haven't had the time yet. KN insisted on cold hosing her leg. Last week, I bathed all of my horses, and cleaned Stormy's sheath. I have some shower stall mats that I put down when I do this. The only place I have to tie a horse for now is to my trailer, so the mats where next to it. I haven't had a chance to put them back away. So, does KN tie Honey were she'd be on the mats? Of course not, that would make too much sense. She had her tied to the BACK of my trailer. I don't tie a horse there, my lights are magnetic, so if you tie a horse there, they're right next to the lights. She went to do something else, so I moved Honey. Then, she decides that she wants to soak her hoof. She has a soaking boot, wants to know if I know where it is. (She left it out for months, so one day RU and I took a whole bunch of her stuff and took it down to her tack area, the boot was in w/that.) I told her, she gets it and realizes that there are some holes in it. What does she expect?

She decides to heat up some water, so she uses my hot plate and pot. She gets the water really hot, then adds some cold as well as epsom salt. I thought the water was still too hot, but she tries to get Honey to put her foot in it. Of course Honey objected, and knocked it over. She managed to get most of the water out, but there was still enough to soak her foot. Then, she wants to put a drawing salve on it. I stop her, told her I'd rather wait until I hear from the vet. The vet finally calls. She can't make it out until really late in the afternoon, or tomorrow afternoon. I decide to call the other vet. He's able to come out. I had just one problem w/that-he charges 2x as much for a farm call. That's when I decided to do the smart thing. I still haven't gotten the shots for the horses. And while I won't have the vet do the majority of the shots, in NJ, you can't buy a rabies shot, and I was planning on having him out anyway for that. RU called LF. She wanted her horses to have rabies shots also.

The vet makes it out at just after 3:30. Honey has a bulb abscess. She needs to be on meds for the next 10 to 14 days, and they cost $100.00.:hit I also need to soak her foot 2x a day in a solution of water, epsom salt and betadine solution. Only problem being, I no longer have any. I had a whole bottle of it, but it disappeared. So, I had to go and get some, that's another $14.00. I also have to wrap her foot. I don't know how many rolls of vet wrap I'm going to need. Plus, the diapers that I have to use for that aren't big enough, so I need to get a larger size. I didn't have any duct tape out at the farm. I do have some tarp tape, so I used that instead. But, at least I saved some on the cost of the vet call since LF paid part of it. :/