Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had planned to, but it didn't happen. I went to therapy this morning, then went straight to the farm. My plan was to feed, then take a nap. Well, just as I get there, KN calls. She wanted to know if I wanted to go to the local diner for a bite to eat. So, I did. By the time I got back to the farm, it was enough time between feedings to give Storm his 2nd feeding so I did. Then, I went to the bank, CVS, gas station and then the nature center. We were doing an afternoon nature stroll. It was nice. We went in a section of the park I haven't been in in years! We drove part way back, then walked from there. I'll admit to being beat by the time I was done. But, I think I needed it. Tomorrow, I see the doctor. Hopefully, I learn then how much longer it will be B4 I'm back in the saddle, on the bike and in the canoe.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Forgot to say, I brought home 2 more eggs today. I had them on the front seat of the truck. When I got home, I couldn't find them! They rolled off, and 1 cracked. :barnie So, out of the 5 eggs that I've brought home for the incubator, so far I have 3. I'm hoping I'll have at least a dozen to put in by Saturday or Sunday.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You need to remember to throw a nice little basket in the truck, so you can put the eggs in it for the ride home. I have several cute little baskets for eggs, that I always forget, and usually just stuff my pockets! :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
What I need to do is clean out the truck! Then, I wouldn't have any problem transporting them home. I just never have time. Or, when I do have the time, it's either raining, windy, or both. They're calling for rain once again today.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Had a doctor's appointment this morning. He figures another month, and he can kick me out! Because of where I was, I was able to do a couple of errands B4 heading to the farm. Get to the farm, and didn't disobey the doctor by feeding my horses-he's cleared me for that! (Of course, I was doing it anyway.)

It was cold and damp feeling. And, my jeans were clean. So, rather than doing any work, I headed to RU's house. We're planning on putting in a good sized garden. PT was also there, so the 3 of us sat down and came up w/some stuff to put in. Her house is a lot colder than mine! And, that's in spite of her having a fire going. I was freezing by the time I left to go back and feed Stormy. I get him fed, bagged some feed, check my chickens 1 last time (Angel laid another egg!), take care of the cats and leave.

I was starving when I left, so I figured I'd eat, then go out and cut up a bit of wood. I'm pretty much out of anything I can burn right now. And wouldn't you know it, it's raining! So, I don't know if I'll be able to do any wood today or not.

On the bright side, hubby and I are planning on going out for dinner tonight at the Golden Corral. I've been wanting to eat at one for awhile now, but there wasn't any around. Well, they opened one not too long ago. We were going to go B4, but it was packed! We're hoping it won't be as crowded tonight.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Glad the doctor said you were doing good. Thats always good to hear. Have fun with hubby at the golden corral, I like to eat there every now and then as well.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there the ones with the chocolate waterfall right?! *drool*

Denim Deb

Reaction score
pinkfox said:
there the ones with the chocolate waterfall right?! *drool*
Yep. :drool I'm looking forward to it.

I was able to find enough wood that I could split easily enough to have enough for tonight. And, I still have stuff in the woodshed that I need to cut up. It's not supposed to rain too much. So, either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll get in the woods and cut some of the downed stuff up and get as much of it cut up as I can. Sunday is supposed to be wet again-and we might even get a few inches of snow. :hit

The other day, I was able to find an organic sweet potato, or yam, whichever you prefer to call it. So, probably tomorrow morning, I'll be getting that in water and seeing if I can get some slips from it.

My feet are finally starting to thaw out. But, at least I have a good fire going, and the house is starting to feel warm.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:ya on the Dr. clearing you to do what you've already been doing! :D

I have found, in my less-than-extensive travels, that every Golden Corral is different. It is DS#2's favorite place to eat (but, he won't go near the place now just because of the chocolate waterfall, Pink! "It's probably crawling with microbes, Mom!" :p ). My favorite one is on the NW side of San Antonio. It had a huge bakery in the center. When fresh stuff would come out, they'd ring a bell, and people would jump up from their seats and trample each other to get to the rolls :lol: Ahh, memories! Now, the nearest one is *only* 60 some miles away - it was much farther when we lived down south. I don't like that one, it's always dirty and scuzzy looking inside. The one in Corbin KY is really nice too, big - so there's easy access to food. Man, I am really hungry now :drool Enjoy your 'date night' !

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I would love to try Golden Corral as well, but I'm with SSD's DS#2! That chocolate fountain scares me to death! Who's fingers have been in there? :sick