Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm beat! I had planned on getting on here last evening, but that never happened. I had a crazy day yesterday and would have liked to have been able to get on and ask for some prayers, but never had the time.

My Mom called yesterday morning just as I got to my 2nd appointment. My Dad was just not acting right and she was more than a bit concerned. She ended up taking him to the ER, and I met her there. And I could see why she was concerned. While he wasn't as bad there as he was at home, he just wasn't right. He had trouble remembering the year, the date, who the president was, how old he is, etc. And, this isn't like him. He's normally pretty sharp. The ER ran some tests, and couldn't find anything wrong. They said it could just be age related (he's 84), but they recommend that he sees a neurologist.

Once he was released, they insisted on getting me some lunch since it was so late. Then, I still had some shopping to do B4 heading back to the farm to feed Stormy. It was getting dark by the time I got there. By the time I got home, got the goats fed, and was able to get in the house, it was almost 6:00. There was just no way I was making the Christmas Eve service. I had too much to do B4 I went to bed. First thing I had to do was make bread. I use my old stand mixer to mix up the dough. It makes horrible sounds when it's set on that setting, but there's not much I can do about it. Get the bread rising, and hubby and DD decide that they need to go out. I was glad to see them go. While they were gone, I got the rest of my living room dusted. When they got back, DD helped me get some stuff out of there, and I got it all vacuumed. I also did some dishes, but wasn't done all of them. By this time, I was exhausted. So I took a nap. Once I got up, I wrapped presents, then read my Bible. I finally got to bed at around 1:45 am.

I still had stuff I needed to get done this morning, so I didn't sleep in like I would have like to have. I was up by 7:00, didn't bother to eat, just headed out to the farm. Got everyone fed, and went back home. Ate some peanut butter crackers while I was driving-that was breakfast. Got home, and got the bathroom cleaned, then took a shower. Shortly after I got out, both of my kids showed up w/their friends. I've met DD's boyfriend B4, and do like him. This was the first time I'd met DS's girlfriend, and I liked her. We opened gifts, and then I got working on the rest of the dishes. Hubby kept asking me to help him-he smoked a turkey and a rib roast, so that meant I was late getting the rest of dinner made. And, I never got dessert made. My parents came over, and my Dad did seem to be better than yesterday, but he's still not right. Once everyone left, I headed out to the farm, and found out that somehow or another, my roosters got out. So, I fed Stormy, then rounded them up and got back home. Now I'm relaxing. It feels much later than it is, and I'll probably head to bed early.

But I am in shock. My family wanted a list of what I wanted for Christmas. I gave them a list and included things that I could really use. And they gave me grief over it. (I asked for things like feed buckets, horse dewormer, etc.) But, in spite of all the grief that the family gave over my list, they got me quite a number of gifts off my list! They gave me the horse wormers I asked for. They also got the buckets! They did not realize until they bought them how expensive they were and FINALLY understood why I asked for them. And things that they got that weren't on my list were actually appropriate-like some nice, warm gloves.

But the biggest shock came w/the last gift that I opened and is why my hubby and DD left last night. They ran to Wally World and bought me a brand new Kitchenaid Stand Mixer!!!!!! I was NOT expecting that. I was hoping hubby could do something about the noise my old mixer was making, but that was all I was hoping for. I just looked on line, and see the old mixers like I have on sale for quite a bit of money. I just might have to see if I can find all the attachments, and sell it.

My parents normally give me money. And, I'm fine w/that. But I sure wasn't expecting the amount they gave me! I'm not posting how much they gave, but I will say that it gives me a nice amount towards a new mower! I have some stuff I want to sell. If I'm able to sell it for the amount I want to, I can buy a brand new mower!

This is the best Christmas I can remember in quite a while. The best present I got did not come wrapped up, but one that I received nevertheless, and that was the gift of hope. I now believe that hubby and I can work out our differences. I may have to leave for a bit come warm weather in order to give him the push he needs, but if it works, it will be worth it.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am a good spitter. Before we moved in 2013 back to my childhood house we were surrounded by neighbors so close I could stand in the backyard - spit - and hit three houses. Now we are on a busy highway and still have neighbors much too close on two sides, but I can at least breath a little bit better.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Been busy since Callie came home. I have a ton to do both inside and outside, plus work. And getting her use to all kinds of things. She's getting comfortable w/the horses and chickens-she's tried to chase the chickens a few times. Plus, I've had her out in my canoe. She's at the piranha puppy stage, and I've found that giving her chunks of carrots seems to satisfy her need to chew.

v2eZHgy.jpg

1OJ71sv.jpg

lGOOBZq.jpg

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had a dream a few weeks ago. In it, I had both Callie and my first cocker, Ebony. I missed Ebony from the time I lost her to the day I brought Callie home. And, that was over 30 years. Now, when I look at Callie, while I can see things in her that remind me of Ebony. I needed her in a way most people would not be able to understand.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We went to Kentucky for vacation. I loved the area. I'm hoping I can move there next year. It has just enough hills to make it feel like the mountains, but enough flat land that you can ride a bicycle. Plus, there's several places to go canoeing.