Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
KIMG0527.JPG

Since KN moved to Kentucky, I haven't found anyone that I can count on for going trail riding. So, I've started taking Misty out by herself. I was a bit nervous when I first did it, but she seems to be fine going by herself-at least on this trail, she's used to it. I wore my orange vest since today was the last day of the regular deer season.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
A friend of my father bred and showed Arabs and when I was about 10 we used to go to his farm for milk and sometimes I'd get to ride one of them. They were the most amazing horses, beautiful and wonderful rides. I loved Arabs ever since.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My stepmother told me something very comforting that happened when her mother died. She was at home, lying on the couch, when suddenly she opened her eyes and looked at her daughter and smiled and said "I understand now, and you have nothing to fear." Then she closed her eyes and breathed her last breath.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my favorite passages, along w/the passage from 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others that have no hope.

14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together whim them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18: Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Even so, Lord Jesus, COME. Every day, I wake up, wondering... Maybe, this will be the day!!!

Death, in a lot of ways, reminds me of the process of giving birth. It's a natural part of life. The process can be uncomfortable, but there is such joy, incredible joy beyond measure on the other side for the person who has placed their faith in Jesus.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here.

We planned the funeral today. It still doesn't seem completely real. And, while there was the sadness in knowing that she's gone, we were laughing at times as we recall memories.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Took me longer than expected. But, I got the house built and most of it painted! I ran out of paint. I had been planning to go home for lunch and plant some stuff since they're calling for rain tonight. I never made it. I didn't stop once I got there. And, I just barely had time to get stuff put away B4 it started to rain. But, I'm not complaining. We actually need the rain. I'm hoping and praying we get a good soaking. I'll do my planting tomorrow instead.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm starting to get more free time. I may actually be able to start getting on my computer every day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
You mentioned in another thread that you are moving to Kentucky. Do yourself a favor and keep going through all the stuff and get rid of all you can.

My husband and I moved February 14, 2015. We sold our house so quick, that stuff got thrown in a truck, I didn’t get a chance to do through anything.

My husband died September 20, 2021. I sold the farm so fast, it was crazy. Closed in 63 days on February 15, 2022. I moved all my farm stuff, dogs and sheep, to my sons house on 2 acres. Had to sell my horses, got rid of chickens. 6 months later, closed on a 25 acre farm and moved again. Still moving stuff! Going to finish moving one of these days and have a yard sale. I’ve unpacked boxes that haven’t been opened since 2015! Point is, unload all that you can. Have yard sale !!

How traumatic it must have been, having your husband and father sick at the same time. Take time for you. Losing your animals was a kick in the heart and that hurts. It does get better, the hurt and loss doesn’t go away, but it gets better.
It was rough for several months. I just couldn't get motivated to do anything. I was basically doing the bare minimum.
I've been working on getting a schedule down. Of course, it constantly changes. But, I am making progress. I have one small patch to weed in my flower garden, and that will be the first time in years that it's been completely weeded! I've been working on getting the yard cleaned up. I've taken a few loads of metal to the scrap yard and there's still more.
I'm only planning on keeping what I want. Don't know about having a yard sale here. I've had them in the past, and had very poor attendance. I'd like to find someplace where I could rent a space. But, I haven't had time to look.
Sorry to hear about your husband. It's not easy.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: Welcome, Denim Deb!!! Welcome to the SS forum! :)

You can't have Jimmy Hoffa under your bed...I know for a fact that he is in my attic! :cool:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm looking into the different attachments and trying to figure out what all I want/need.

Good thing I didn't make a list today cuz I wouldn't have gotten it done! I got a call this morning from one of the people in my Bible study group wanting to know if I was going today. They all wanted an update on my Dad. I thought we weren't having it this week, but since I missed church on Sunday, and missed the Christmas Eve service, I decided to go. It was probably a good thing. I didn't sleep that well last night. I kept waking up, coughing. And, it was one of those dry coughs that don't really seem to do anything. I had planned on stopping at the bank first thing, then going and getting feed B4 heading over to the farm. Instead, I ran to the farm real quick, fed my horses, put out hay and let the chickens loose. Then I went to the Bible Study.

After Bible Study, I went to the bank, then the feed store, then the farm. I had not fed CL's horses this morning, so I had to do them. When I got there, I shut the gate that shuts off the aisle way leading from CL's field to the back of the run in. That way, when I went to feed her horses, I could let them in, but keep the stupid ram out. Got feed into my feed stall, weighed some out for Stormy, got him fed, then let CL's horses up, and slammed the gate in the face of the ram. :rock: Get them fed, and checked the farm chickens. It's so cold out, I had to give them water since they had nothing but ice. That's not normally a problem at this time of year! Then I bagged feed. Normally, I don't have to do that on Thursday, but since I had less than a pound of any of the feed, I had to do it today. Then I cleaned out the run in. By the time I was done, the horses had all finished eating, so I let them all loose and opened the gate for CL's horses. Gave my chickens water and food and left.

Once home, I was beat. So I relaxed for a bit, then fed the goats and cut up a bit of wood. I think I'm going to try and get to bed early tonight. It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow, so hopefully I can get more done.