Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Been busy, don't really have time to post much. But I got part of the fence between my field and LF's done. It looks so much better. I had thought about doing more yesterday after work, but it was in the 90s and sunny! I had some repairs to do to the run-in, w/the exception of taking a board off so I can cut a couple of inches off, and doing some caulking, they're done. I'm going to try to get them done tomorrow. They're calling for rain on Monday, so I prefer to have it done B4 then-especially the caulking.

For the first time this year, I went on a trail ride. But I think I need a new saddle. I had to keep dismounting and readjusting it. It just wouldn't stay in place. Misty has put on some weight, so I think it doesn't quite fit right any more.

Found 2 ticks on me when I got back. They are now in a plastic bag in the freezer w/the date written on it. After reading FF's account of her hubby's problem, I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Nice on the trail ride!!
Yeah, we had the same temps here at the end of the week. GROSS. Glad it finally broke and is back to normal again! Not looking forward to it staying that hot this summer.

EW on the ticks. I had to walk the pasture to put out the fly predators on Friday night cause the Gator wasn't up at the top of the hill. I THOROUGHLY checked for ticks when I got back in the house! They're already bad this year :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I think I've found more ticks this year already than I did all of last year.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I really need to get the rest of the yard fenced in so I can let the chickens that I have at home out in the yard. When I have them running around the yard, I have no problems w/ticks. But if I let them loose now, they'll roam the neighborhood and get the neighbors upset.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
He doesn't care. He wasn't happy about maybe needing to clean up chicken poop.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm blessed with a big yard and woods and fields around us. The neighbors will comment how nice my chickens look because the ding dongs like to scratch in the ditch by the road. Many of the people here, even those in town has chickens though.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm happy that my chickens are moving up closer to the house. If I'm around I will probably let them completely free range, but otherwise, they'll have a coop to go into. Hopefully they'll go dig through the manure in the shed if I let them out, and not in my garden!!!