Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine free range, coop at night. But I can close the area they range due to fencing. However, while I can see the houses, no neighbors are physically closer than 1500 feet...almost 1/3 mile. Nice, really.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can only dream! The neighbor across the street smokes, but not in her house. So, she'll come out on her front porch to smoke. If the wind is blowing right, I can smell the smoke if I'm in my backyard.

I go in my backyard and have the neighbor's dog barking at me. Drives me nuts. Quite truthfully, if it wasn't for the woods I have on the west side of my house, I'd go nuts. I can't stand having so many people living so close to me, and this isn't a heavily populated area! There's 7 houses on my street, the guy behind me is the only house behind the houses on the north side, and there's no houses behind anyone on the south side.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ouch.

I like having close enough to get to if needed, not so close to get in my business. It's perfect there are some houses closer together just beyond me but, all nice neighbors, the a few more all spread out/back off road. Lucked out when I found the property for sale, good area, good mix, close enough to towns, etc. Plus, I can zoning & legally subdivide this parcel if I want to do so. Have good perc in several places for septics.

Someone was considering buying and building next door about 6-7 years back. Glad they didn't. Perc issues and very expensive septic deterred them. They are downhill from me
and clay where they wanted to put house.
Been here 18 years next month. :th

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've been living in town with sweet, if nosy (and noisy), neighbours all sides and way too close, for more than a year now. Plus, with the local shop about 3 doors down and no off-street parking right there, I often have tractors, trucks, horse boxes, all sorts of farming machinery and you-name-it parked not 2 feet from my front door! :mad: And if that's not bad enough, the drivers often leave them idling there while going into the shop. I'm so ready to move into a quiet spot in the countryside.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am a good spitter. Before we moved in 2013 back to my childhood house we were surrounded by neighbors so close I could stand in the backyard - spit - and hit three houses. Now we are on a busy highway and still have neighbors much too close on two sides, but I can at least breath a little bit better.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was at work today and couldn't figure out what I was hearing. It sounded like someone was fighting. It finally dawned on me that what I was hearing was from the high school-a few miles away!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Here too, but northern states often go longer due to weather conditions throughout the year.

Latest posts