Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:hugsGood to see you friend!! I'm glad your schedule is settling down. I hope that it stays that way for you!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I want it to stay that way for now, but not forever, just until I get everything caught up.

I can cross one more project off my list. I got my 2nd load of pea gravel this morning. Once I got that in the stalls, I was going to work on the fence. They changed the forecast and it started to rain! So after lunch I went home. Then this evening I got the last load of pea gravel I needed. Once everyone was fed, watered and hayed I got that in as well. It's nice having that out of the way.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I bet that helps a lot! It's always such a relief to be able to do something easily!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can cross another project off my list. There is now a gate between my field and LH's field. I've been wanting to get that up for months. The one horse in that field gets fed 2x a day. So I had to walk out of my area, all the way around her run-in to the gate, get the feed, then walk to the other end to feed the horse. Then since I don't stay in that field-unless I have to put out hay, I walk all the way back around into my area. Then when the horse is done eating, walk all the way around again, let her out, then walk back to my area. The run-in is right next to the fence, so that's where I put the gate, and the water hydrant is near the gate. More often than not, she gets done eating when I'm getting water for the chickens. Now I can just open the gate, let her out, then go back to what I'm doing. It's going to save me time.

I now have 13 chicks for the year. Last year I ended up w/mostly roosters. The oldest 3 are little girls and it looks like at least half of the 2nd batch are as well. The youngest 4 are only a week old, and since I didn't try to sex them, I can't say for sure.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I'm back working where I used to work years ago. W/all the drama I have to put up w/at times, I don't want to be at the farm more than I have to be.

The vet was out today for shots and Coggins tests. I was going to bring out the goats, but it poured all morning, so I left them home. I got the shots from her, and will have to give them myself. I've been learning how to crochet, so while I was waiting, I stayed in my shed and worked on an afghan for my DD for Christmas.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey Deb! Good to hear from you! I used to crochet a lot, but my hands objected. I'd love to pick it up again!