Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Been really busy. But, I'm done work June 1st-at least for the summer. I told EH if she wants me in the fall, I'll come in for no more than 2 mornings a week. I'm not working this summer unless someone calls me to teach a nature lesson. Instead, I plan on spending the time getting my house cleaned and dejunked-same goes for the yard. We're going for a vacation this fall to Kentucky. And while there, I want to look for land. I'm getting to where I want out of Jersey.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Actually, the weather in the area I would like to move to would be in zone 6. We're in zone 7 here. I'd rather have it a bit cooler rather than warmer. Hubby was thinking Tennessee. I don't think I could handle it.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Kentucky is a great place to live (I'm just a tad biased!). If you have any questions about the state please shoot me a message. I would love to help you out! I have travelled all over and know quite a bit about it.

As far as climate, Tennessee and Kentucky are pretty much the same. The differences occur in the mountainous regions.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Forgot you live in Kentucky. I'm looking in the eastern part, near Daniel Boone National Forest.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just a quick update.

I did quit working the beginning of June, and I have gotten some stuff done. But, my truck keeps breaking down which means I have to take hubby to work.

We had a leaking pipe in the basement the end of May. I'm still working on getting that cleaned up. I had boxes of stuff to go to the thrift store, I had to resort them and wash some stuff. The worst of it is cleaned up.

Been cleaning the upstairs little by little. My house has at least 2x as much stuff in it as will comfortably fit. I am making progress, though it can be hard to see at times.

I've gotten part of the yard clean. I still have a ways to go, but I am making progress.

I am not going back to work this fall. I have been having problems w/my left wrist. I was just wearing a brace and chugging along the best I could. My chiropractor had originally thought I had a touch of arthritis. But, it didn't act like arthritis, so he had me get an x-ray. It showed nothing. So, he suggested I see an orthopedic. I am now wearing a different brace and have to rest my wrist as much as possible. I have de Quervain's tenosynovitis. It's similar to carpel tunnel, but on the inside of the wrist. I see him again in 2 weeks. It is doing better, but is still not 100%. So, certain things have come to a screeching halt.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey there! Sounds like you've had a few challenges. Sorry about your wrist. How's the (not so) new pup doing?