Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The brace is off my wrist! I am not limited as to what I can do, but I'm also going to ease myself back into stuff as slowly as possible. Of course, so stuff has to be done regardless. I still need 75 bales of hay and since I buy that at auction, I can't really ease into loading it and unloading it when I get it. I may do the smart thing and wear my brace then. Might be a good way to get help at least loading it up.

I'm going canoeing today, but I chose a place that will hopefully be easy. I don't want to do too much until I see how my wrist handles it. And, I'm going riding tomorrow w/at least 1 new friend from a Facebook group. KN has moved to Kentucky, so I can't ride w/her anymore, at least not unless I'm on vacation there, or move there-which I really want to do.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm keeping an eye on the forecast. They keep changing it.

Canoeing was good-even though Callie did jump out 2x. I have been to this lake in the past, and was never able to get very far upstream because of beavers. Well, we went quite a distance. And, my wrist didn't hurt! So, that's a big plus. It remands to be seen how well I do riding tomorrow, but I think that shouldn't be a problem.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad your wrist is better and the canoeing was fun. Stacking hay ain't for sissies!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I may do the smart thing and wear my brace then. Might be a good way to get help at least loading it up.

That's a brilliant idea because we all know that the excess weight and the often uncontrollable twists of a bale of hay are way more than "normal, everyday" challenges. Best to use the support for that sort of work for a while. I've used as much vet wrap on me as my horses. Love that stuff!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Don't think I've ever used vet wrap on myself and haven't had to use it on a horse in ages, but it does come in handy.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Several years back I wrenched a knee & ankle pretty bad after slipping & sliding in some mud. That stuff got me thru by giving the support & some flexion that was needed. You can wrap it several ways to have good support. Fast & inexpensive. I always keep a few rolls on hand. Only you have to buy at a horse place, not a pharmacy -- huge $$$ difference for same product. :)