Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, the summer is over! I made it thru and I'm beat. I hardly got anything done either at home or at the farm all summer long. Next year, I'm not planning on applying for the job.

In other news, the family could really use some prayers. The other day, my MIL went to the ER. Found out the problems that she was having is caused by cancer. They've done some testings, and its pretty far advanced. There is not much they can do. She's been giving between 3 and 5 months to live.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh Deb I am sorry to hear about that. Sending prayers for your family. News like that is tough to handle. My FIL was given a diagnosis of 1 yr when he got cancer, and true enough, they called it right. he passed literally about a year to date when he was told it was a very bad cancer. It is never easy to hear that. Everyone has to come to terms with life at some point. So sorry for such hard times in your family right now!

And I am beat too :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My MIL is doing much better today. We went to visit her on Saturday (she's in a nursing facility). Talk about boring! I'm not sure how long I was in the room by myself, but most of that time, she had her eyes closed cuz she was in pain, and just in general not feeling well. We were there for about 4hours! They talked about bringing her home, but she's a fall risk and needs someone 24/7. There is no one in the family that can be there that way. And, since she only has 1 bedroom, there wouldn't even be a place for them to sleep. Hubby went to visit her while I was out taking care of the horses this morning. He says she's in much better spirits, so the pain meds must be working. Plus, he's gotten permission to put a bird feeder up by the window next to her bed. She likes to watch the birds. So I think for now, she's going to stay there. I know my parents will go and visit her, and the family will all go, so it's probably best for her to stay there for now. And once she is able to go back home, I know my DD will be checking in on her. She's starting a new job in 2 weeks that is literally right in front of the apartment complex.

It poured this morning. I was so glad I took the truck. Only problem is, I have to go back out to the farm. I can probably take the bike-unless hubby gets home B4 I leave and offers to drive me out. What I really want to do is to go back to bed. :hide

Starting tomorrow, I'll finally be able to really start on getting the house clean. I'm hoping that by the end of next week I'm finally done. I had it almost cleaned when I started to work, then got nothing done over the summer. Once the upstairs is done, I'm going to get started on the basement. Once I have the one area done, I'm bringing Cindy home. I don't care what hubby says. There are just too many cats out at the farm, and I can't keep her healthy out there. She's lost weight, but I think she has put some back on. But I don't want her to spend another winter out there. I think she'll enjoy being able to curl up in front of a nice, warm fire all winter long.

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so very sorry to hear your news...
is not easy...
my dad was a cancer survivor but near 30 years later they opened him up and gave 6 months...
is too bad she's in such pain...
will wish ease in suffering...
but is probably best to stay where she is and try lightening her mood the best anyone can...
take care

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby said she was really out of it when he stopped in. And, he says they're not giving her much care. Don't know if that's true or not. He did put up a bird feeder, but so far, no birds have found it.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The bad thing about those good pain relievers, in my experience, is that they often make the patient delusional or "out of it." My dad went through horrible delusions the last month of his life. Looking back, we now believe it was due to the meds. If he hadn't been so combative, maybe he wouldn't have broken his femur, and maybe he wouldn't have had to die so soon and so pitifully. :/ But what's the alternative?