Deoderant is inherently evil.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I use nothing most days. I only need deodorant if I will be stressed....like if I am meeting strangers or teaching a class or other things that prove that I really am very shy at my core.

I use homemade deodorant made with homemade lotion and lavender, tea tree, and petitgrain essential oils. If I get stinky for any reason, then it is time to use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a bit of gauze to clean the pits and kill bacteria. Don't do this right after shaving!!! Ow!

When I am out of the lotion deodorant, I'll use a drop of a half lavender, half tea tree EO mix that I keep in my medicine cabinet. No irritation, but my skin doesn't seem to irritate that easily.

You can also make a lovely powder with half arrowroot (don't use cornstarch, it grows bacteria too easily) and half baking soda, stir in a few drops of EO's if desired, and use a puff to apply it. You can use it in your shoes, too, if you'd like.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I used to sweat like crazy and wouldn't dare even think of going without deoderant. Now I hardly sweat at all. Diet had such a big impact. Eliminating grains made me a less stinky person :D

I still use deoderant, but I don't use nearly as much and I don't have to reapply a couple of times a day like I used to. I had tried the crystal stuff in the past and boy that didn't work at all. Now that I am not a total mess it may be worth trying again.

The peppermint soap abi uses is wonderful. What brand is that again abi farrah fowler? :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
*giggles*

Thanks, Bestie.

It's Crazy Doctor Guy soap.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like the rock crystal, too - have used it for years.

It takes a little getting used to, I think because you sweat more when you use coventional deoderants - or something, because after a week or so you dont sweat as much and you don't miss the antiperspirant part of the deoderants that you do right away when you switch.

Its harder for teens to use because their hormone fluctuations make them stink more!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've been using Tom's of Maine Deodorant with success this year. Haven't used it in the heat of summer. It would be great if my diet changes meant that it will work then too!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I use nothing most days. I only need deodorant if I will be stressed....like if I am meeting strangers or teaching a class or other things that prove that I really am very shy at my core.
So when we met.......?
Just curious because it was hot and you didn't smell! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Like Free, most days I don't use anything. I just don't seem to have that much of an odor problem. (At least if I do, I've never noticed it, and no one else has complained. :hu) But, I've been around people who use nothing, and NEED to use something. Normally, I try to hold my breathe around them.

I am curious about the rock thingy, and just might have to try that.