Do you ever feel like giving up...but didn't? New strength to go on...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
It is especially nice when you meet someone from this forum who lives close to you . . . it is a step away from having them as a neighbor, but such a relief to meet someone of a similar mind who doesn't live across the country!
:hugs It IS wonderful to find atleast one friend on the forum that lives close to you isn't it!

Bee does any one us live close to you?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think so, but, BBH, I think you and I have much in common! I think you mentioned raising kids on your own and the financial struggles of that? That was me....still is. Maybe we have much to offer one another in support of the "been there, done that" kind, huh? :)

I had to move 4-5 hours away from most of my family also and have not managed to find one kindred spirit in the 4 years I have been here. A stranger in an even stranger land! :lol:

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm 43, too! Why are you guys so much smarter than me :th

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I'm 43, too! Why are you guys so much smarter than me :th
I have no idea what stick we are using to measure this "smartness" but I don't feel a bit smart of late. Actually, I feel incredibly stupid, foolish and angry that I have made one boneheaded mistake after another this year. Not that this year is any different from all the other years I have made one doozy after another....but this one really sucked up a lot of money and time. :he

But, yes, there are so many smart ladies on here that I could read this forum for hours and still never absorb all I need to in order to put it all into action! :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, you never know Bee, at some point you may meet someone who lives close to you and shares similar goals/interests. I never would have believed that I would have . . . so it can happen!

And yes, BBH, I couldn't have asked for a better SS friend. :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I agree with you all (with what Bee said). It would be pretty cool to all be real neighbors.

But, who knows? Maybe some day the people around us will want to follow in our footsteps and we can build SS communities around us. (So long as we are daring to dream). I already have two neighbors getting into chickens, so it isn't so much of a far fetched idea.

You know what I love about this forum? We can all chime in when we have the time to sit down and "talk." In real life we don't always have time to get together and talk in real time at the same time . . . uh oh, that came out funny, are you following me still? With this forum, conversations don't just fall off because of distractions or whatever. :)
I have a feeling that the ss way of life is creeping in on everyone during this "economic downturn".

I love that we can all chime in when we dont have the time to sit down and talk too. It is like Bee said a while back in her journal this place feels like our front porch.

Here is a quote for y'all (I just picked up this great "Country Notebook" filled with good quotes at "Book -em" the used book store.) Thought it fit in well with this thread.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discovered that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau (1812-1862)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Bee, here is one you will smile over:
My cow milks me.--Ralph Waldo Emmerson
(1803-1880) :D

I think this would make a great tee shirt!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
And I'll shut up after this one:

The family farm, the small farmers, are the dropouts that stayed in when the rest of America dropped out.--Rachel Peden, b 1937 An American author

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
DrakeMaiden said:
It is especially nice when you meet someone from this forum who lives close to you . . . it is a step away from having them as a neighbor, but such a relief to meet someone of a similar mind who doesn't live across the country!
:hugs It IS wonderful to find atleast one friend on the forum that lives close to you isn't it!

I think I'm the closest one to Bee, and even I'm a 4-5 hour drive from her, if not a bit more. I think it would be a day trip if we wanted to skip over the River to visit.

punkin, I say you and I rendezvous at my house, invite Becky to go a long, and then skidaddle on over the river to Bee's! Would be a great trip I'm thinking!

:thumbsup

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
big brown horse said:
DrakeMaiden said:

I think I'm the closest one to Bee, and even I'm a 4-5 hour drive from her, if not a bit more. I think it would be a day trip if we wanted to skip over the River to visit.

punkin, I say you and I rendezvous at my house, invite Becky to go a long, and then skidaddle on over the river to Bee's! Would be a great trip I'm thinking!

:thumbsup
I think that would be a wonderful girl's trip! I wish I lived near by, I would chip in for gas and bring the picnic to eat along the way!

It really helped me to meet up with a friend from this forum.

Latest posts